cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a video pin

YvonneSewingWorld

Hello, 

I have a problem with adding a video pin. I can add only jpg files. When I am trying to add a mp4 file I get a message "your upload failed because it's the wrong format"

I don't know what to do. Maybe I should change something in settings?  

Yvonne 

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestDavid

Hi @YvonneSewingWorld and @technomantis, welcome to the PBC!

I appreciate your assistance and the information provided @technomantis.

@YvonneSewingWorld , I’m sorry about the trouble you're experiencing with Video Pins. I completely understand your frustration.

If you're still facing an issue, could you please write in at our Help Center

I wish there was more I could do here but the team who will work on your ticket are specialized to assist you with your issue.

Let us know if you need anything else!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
10 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @YvonneSewingWorld .mp4 is a supported file type according to the Story Pins product specs. Is it possible the encoding or file size is the issue? 

Anyone else using story pins that have had and resolved this issue? What works best for you? Tagging in @AmericanoCrystals @jfishkind @theburntsunsetnovel and @patternprin0022 who I've seen use story pins successfully. 

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I've never added a video to a story pin, so I just tried it. I used Photoshop to make the mp4. I loaded up four mp4 into a story and was able to post it. There seems to be a 2 second minimum and a 20 second maximum but other than that I couldn't find an issue with the files I used.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905682696950/ 

I also combined jpeg and mp4 into this story to see if mixing files was a problem.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/686587905682697540/ 

Both stories seemed to work fine.

Sorry for your trouble. 

2 Kudos
wpthemeplugins9889

Hi Janice, i also tried to upload video pin but could not. Even using the format specified. Is there any restriction to say new accounts in uploading videos? @PinterestJanice 

1 Kudo
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @wpthemeplugins9889,

I'm sorry you are having trouble when trying to create a video Pin. As I can see you are aware of the required video specs in order to upload video pins, so I imagine you have already consulted the video pin article. However, I believe I've got here a little late, so I would like to know if you are still facing this issue. Let me know if you are, or if you need anything else.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@wpthemeplugins9889  What software or app are you using to create/render the video with, and are you uploading using your phone or desktop? I've had problems in the past rendering video using h.265, but when I encoded using h.264, it uploaded with no issues. Did you get a error message when it failed to upload?

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@YvonneSewingWorld @wpthemeplugins9889 

Hi Yvonne:

Can I ask where your movies are located on your computer? 

If you are using MAC iPhotos (Desktop) and pulling video from there the file format will not allow you to upload your video and it will not convert to a mp4 you will have to save to your desktop and add the video from there and not iPhoto. 

An alternate option would be to upload from another app directly if that is possible for you.

An another option is to use Mobile either iPhone | Android mobile is working fine and the number of apps to upload from are endless once you have uploaded your video via Pinterest Mobile you can certainly go back to desktop and finish the pin or continue making the pin on your mobile app.

Note I like the mobile app for Pinterest you have a lot more functionality and can include the @mention as your link.

I am answering because I have experienced similar issues when uploading video - these are my workarounds for now.

I really hope this helps you.

Lisa.

2 Kudos
tinusaur

I have the same problem and this is what I noticed ...

I have 3 Pinterest accounts - for the 2 businesses that I run and my personal one.
-- it DOES NOT work for my (very old) personal account (that is converted to a biz acc);
-- it DOES NOT work for my business account #1 that was created several yrs ago;
-- it DOES work for my business account #2 which was created just recently.

Would it help if I provided the actual account names?

It is really frustrating to not basing able to upload videos.

Thanks for the support.

1 Kudo
tinusaur

I think I've found a solution (that worked for me)

For your business account, you MUST have an Ad Account setup. That will enable you to upload videos and not just images.

I hope that this helps.

1 Kudo
technomantis
Just visiting

Hi @YvonneSewingWorld, I know it's super late and you've probably figured it out by yourself at this point, but I first faced the issue now, and apparently, the reason is that you are located in a country where video pinning is unavailable yet.

1 Kudo