cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I fix product tag issues?

thelivehim
Posts regularly

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get my merchant account going, but I keep running into product tag issues. I've included a picture below:

Screenshot (16).png

I have tried looking up a few tutorials, but I haven't found anything to help. I have the Pinterest sales channel set up through Shopify and everything looks correct on that end. However, I'm still receiving this error. 

Thanks to those who can help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Heya @thelivehim, welcome back! Haven't seen you around since the early days 😉 Hope you're doing well and staying safe amid the chaos of 2020. 

Our team took a look at your Pinterest tag just now and it's in a healthy state. Those warning messages are typically temporary and happen if you've very recently connected to our Shopify app. What happens is our system needs a bit of time [1-2 days] to properly recognize all the event data that starts coming in from your Shopify store. Once we've seen a good amount of data come in from your store, the warnings will go away. 

You'll see there's just one last warning remaining on your tag health page about 'Too few of the Product IDs included in your Page Visit events match the Product IDs in your Catalog' -- this is also something that will go away after a few days of us processing your product data. They took a look at your store site as well and your tag is picking up your product IDs just fine. If after a few days the warnings are still showing up, please reach out to our team so they can assist! Hope this was helpful. 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

1 Kudo
thelivehim
Posts regularly

Hey @PinterestGabby! It's been a while, I sure hope you are staying safe and healthy! Always good to see you.

It looks like it updated a couple days ago and showed it was in a healthy state! Exactly what you said, it just took a few days to update the data. 

I truly appreciate everything! 

Thank you so much!

Live Him

1 Kudo
vr1handbags

Im having a very similar issue, is there a way to check if the tag is setup correctly?

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @vr1handbags! Welcome to the PBC. The easiest way to check to see if your Pinterest tag is set up is to check the tag helper extension. This detects when the tag is firing on your page and what events are firing. Hope that helps. 👍

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos