cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I resolve these product tag issues?

bathetechmarketer
Just visiting

Hello everyone,

New Member here!

I am currently trying to get my business merchant account up & running, but unfortunately, I have these tag errors along with 1 warning.

I have attached a picture below to show which errors along with the warning that I'm having.

bathetechmarketer_0-1652506340856.png

I've tried searching on YouTube for some tutorials which pertain to the issues I'm having, but sadly, I haven't found anything that is useful.

If there is anyone who can guide me step-by-step on how to resolve these issues, I would very much appreciate it!

Thank you!!

1 Kudo
5 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @bathetechmarketer welcome to the PBC.  I can see you are using Cartzy, I'm not familiar with this, have you contacted support yet? This form will go directly to the VMP team, I'm sure support stays busy so it may take a little patience, but they will respond and are very helpful.

@andrealidesigns do you have experience with Cartzy or maybe some ideas how to handle the errors?

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@michaelbliss Unfortunately I'm not familiar with Cartzy. Is that a supported integration? I don't see that on list of platform integrations. Maybe that is the root of the issue?

Here is a link to the Pinterest documentation on tag installation - https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/install-the-pinterest-tag

@bathetechmarketer I would consider manually installing the tags instead of using the Cartzy integration and see if that helps to resolve the errors.

I hope this helps.

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you so much for your help @andrealidesigns ! It's appreciated!

2 Kudos
bathetechmarketer
Just visiting

@michaelbliss@andrealidesigns, Thank you SO very much for responding to my help request!

I TRULY appreciate it!!

I HAVE managed to make some progress in resolving these errors manually with the Google Tag Manager by successfully installing the 'Add to Cart' event.

bathetechmarketer_0-1652825131266.png

However, as you can see in the attached photo above, I am still having some issues with fully installing the 'Checkout' event. I DID take a look over the link which Andrea forwarded to me, but I could not exactly find anything SUPER useful on the resolving the errors with the 'Checkout' event.

If either of you, or anyone else in the VMP team can further assist in resolving these errors (particularly with the 'Checkout' event, then please let me know at your earliest convenience, and I would greatly appreciate it!

In addition, Cartzy IS a supported integration, but mostly with Facebook Marketplace (for now).

bathetechmarketer_1-1652826487722.png

Cartzy IS also doable & compatible with Pinterest by adding Pinterest Tags via Google Tag Manager as well as installing the Pinterest Tag Helper extension, and of course, it would require a manual setup. 

Just in case either of you were wondering.

Anyway, please let me know as soon as possible if either of you or anyone else in the VMP team can further assist with the 'Checkout' event errors, and I would highly appreciate it!

Thank you again!

2 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bathetechmarketer This is how I manually setup the 'add to cart' Pinterest tag on Squarespace. Maybe there is some similarity that could be useful?

Add Pinterest tracking event code for “add to cart”

We already added the Pinterest base code, and in the last step we reported when a product is viewed. Next we need to report when a product is added to the cart.  If you were paying attention in the last step, you saw that code was already included in that snippet.  There, we use JS to search for the add to cart button in the HTML document and add a click listener. That click listener then calls Pinterest’s pintrk function with the addToCart option, and includes the product ID from the data we exposed in our template edits.  So we’re good there, and on to the last step. (Disclaimer : I haven’t worked with too many Squarespace templates and can’t guarantee that the button class name is the same on every template and version. )

Also, that's really good to know that Cartzy is a supported integration. I think Google Tag manager is compatible with just about anything.

I hope this helps! 

2 Kudos