cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Improve My Product Pin Images?

lizlangley
Just visiting

Hi everyone, just discovered this community as I'm trying to learn more about using Pinterest for my art business. I did a lot of googling tonight trying to find the answer to this question and I couldn't turn anything up. 

I have my catalog connected to my Shopify store and all the products are showing up nicely. 

However, my shop page on Pinterest just looks...sad! 

I am seeing all the product images which look great on my store, but on my Pinterest Shop Page they look pretty uninviting and not at all how I think about my brand. There's a lot of small squares with plain white backgrounds or slightly better, 4:5i-sh ratio images of the full art pieces. A few of the framed mockup images are showing - because that particular collection has those set as the first image on my Shopify product listing. 

I don't really want to have lifestyle photos as my first product photo on my Shopify store- I think those need to stay very simple. I can't find a way to set a "featured image" for social sharing in my theme- although I could ask Shopify- is this where I should start? 

I also saw some advice online about creating my own, nicer looking, optimized for Pinterest pins for my products. I am new to creating my own Pins. Does this go against having the Pin image being the same as the image on the site the link goes to, or is it fine? 

If I'm creating my own prettier looking Pins, is it simply a matter of scheduling them out with a link to the product page, and then maybe deleting the "uglier" looking product Pins from my Pinterest shop page? Or is that a bad idea? It definitely defeats the purpose of having my Shopify catalog automatically update to Pinterest via the feed. Should I just have the other pins mixed in with these plainer product pins? 

I'm attaching a partial screenshot of my shop page so you can visualize. I have always loved having really appealing boards and I want this one to look as nice as my other ones. Any advice is very welcome! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi, @dearlydeparteds

I believe I can clarify this for you! Actually, for products with multiple supporting images (such as side-views, back-views, closeup images, etc.) Pinterest will create a Pin on your Pinterest store tab selecting the one image we predict will be best-performing among all supporting images. This prediction is based on Pinterest algorithms and user data. However, we have been having feedback like yours, saying that we don't always automatically choose the best display image for our users' products. 

We're working on functionality to make the main images shown on Pinterest merchant-selectable. In addition to this, we are working on improvements to be able to show all your supporting product images at once in a single Pin. I understand that right now this may be an inconvenience for you, but I can reassure you that although this is not a system bug, Pinterest is seriously taking this type of feedback into consideration and working on it.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else, please. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

Your are in luck. Sign up for this program on the 15th. It should answer a lot of your questions. It is a free program.

https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/it-s-here-introducing-the-pinterest-creators-festiva...

2 Kudos
lizlangley
Just visiting

Thanks for letting me know about this! 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @abetterresume for plugging the Pinterest Creators Festival!! @lizlangley, hope to see you there. 💕

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
sohandmade1

Did you ever figure this out? I am having the same issue. I would love to have some pointers as to how to get the photos I want to be featured in my pinterest shop showing up...

0 Kudos
dearlydeparteds

I'm having the same issue - my store is on Shopify and Pinterest auto-generates the product pins for me but is picking images at random and my pins look awful. Did you find a workaround?

0 Kudos
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi, @dearlydeparteds

I believe I can clarify this for you! Actually, for products with multiple supporting images (such as side-views, back-views, closeup images, etc.) Pinterest will create a Pin on your Pinterest store tab selecting the one image we predict will be best-performing among all supporting images. This prediction is based on Pinterest algorithms and user data. However, we have been having feedback like yours, saying that we don't always automatically choose the best display image for our users' products. 

We're working on functionality to make the main images shown on Pinterest merchant-selectable. In addition to this, we are working on improvements to be able to show all your supporting product images at once in a single Pin. I understand that right now this may be an inconvenience for you, but I can reassure you that although this is not a system bug, Pinterest is seriously taking this type of feedback into consideration and working on it.

Let me know if I can help you with anything else, please. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @dearlydeparteds! Did @PinterestRenato help answer your question? If so, please mark it as an accepted solution so other community members can be helped by it as well. 🙂 

0 Kudos
lizlangley
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby Thank you, I did attend, and enjoyed it. However, my account has now been suspended for "spam" and I have no clue why as I certainly do not spam. Is there any way you can help with this? I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
lizlangley
Just visiting

I apologize- for some reason I haven't been receiving emails when someone replies here. Anyway- I have not, but I appreciated hearing from @PinterestRenato on this issue below and sounds like we will be able to have some options in the future.

0 Kudos