cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Search Now NOT Helpful?

TheCrawshawGroup
Just visiting

So I am one of the many accounts (as are all my client accounts!) that no longer have tiles for guided search across the top of the feed - these now appear to be randomly distributed IN the feed.

This makes it very difficult as a POSTER to be able to make cogent decisions on how to optimize content AND makes it almost impossible as a user to niche down to specific content.

HOW is this even remotely helpful? I have finally convinced a majority of clients to start putting some of their marketing spend into Pinterest but with this latest gradual-to-universal shift, they are less enthusiastic and, frankly, so I am I.

If I were to understand the logic behind this I might be able to develop a more successful strategy for clients and myself. Many thanks for any information or input!

3 Kudos
11 Replies
jamieshank
Just visiting

This is happening to me and all of my clients as well! It makes it super difficult to make decisions or even search for something. I would really like more information about why this is happening. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TheCrawshawGroup and @jamieshank thanks for sharing your experiences and feedback in the community! I'm looking into this with our internal team and will respond here when I get more information. Thank you both for your patience! 👍

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

3 Kudos
TheCrawshawGroup
Just visiting

@PinterestGabbyI am currently participating in the Pin Potential Summit | Pinterest Marketing Summit and SO MANY people are mourning the loss of this tool! Even the presenters who are walking people through the use of trends are sharing that if you still have guided search, it's a faster, more efficient way to research and use keywords that are niched down to increase the user experience.

Example, one of my clients is a paper crafter who sells supplies mainly for card making. With the removal of guided search, we are no longer able to explore how people search for specific types of cards for inspiration because the Trends tool is up around 1000 miles of altitude whereas this niche of users are in the hills. Know what I mean?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring back the tool that set Pinterest apart!!!

2 Kudos
jamieshank
Just visiting

I am currently watching the Pin Potential Summit!! I am missing guided search SO much as well. It is an extremely helpful tool and the removal of it is impacting creators, as well as Pinterest managers, negatively. 😞 Please bring it back!!

2 Kudos
jamieshank
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby any update on the guided search?

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi folks, still trying to get some clarity on this. Hang tight! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

3 Kudos
angellawery
Posts regularly

Thank goodness I still have it, but as a Pinterest Strategist who is trying to show people they should invest their time, and eventually money on ads, this is distressing. I know it's coming for all accounts, but I don't understand removing it from Business accounts. I hope they reverse this change or have a better solution...

Now maybe this is where the new "Recommendations" option is going to come in. I can't wait to see what it's all about. @PinterestGabby could you add this "Recommendations" question to your inquiry please?

3 Kudos
jamieshank
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby any update on this yet?

3 Kudos
TheCrawshawGroup
Just visiting

@PinterestGabby - just wanted to give you an update. I had a client searching for something random the other day and was presented with GS. She was SO upset that it "is available" for that industry and not hers. She wants to pull all her promoted pins. I told her that this was in process and to hang on but I think she's afraid that users will not "find" her without "the bubbles".

PLEASE pass this on.

And, frankly, I have been really giving the Trends tool a good try and it's just so lackluster compared to the detail that GS was able to offer. I get that Trends can do things that GS can't (like comparisons, for instance) but the inability to really niche down and see what is there is hurting those of us - users, pinners and consultants - to really get inside the Pinterest users' heads to see what they are looking at, what they are looking for and how they search for it.

very sad...

3 Kudos