cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few basic questions on Pinterest

Just visiting

Just trying to moving over to Pinterest more. Its not the most intuitive system to me. If you can help that would be great

1. is it better (in terms of exposure, engagement, and promotion) to upload your image you want to pin, or is it better to pin it from somewhere where its already online for sale ie your own website or an affiliate website? maybe it makes no difference?

2. What is the proper way (or place) to add text or hashtags to a pin

3. if i have a 'board' how can i see whats on that board? business hub shows me my pins. I cant see the boards anywhere.

4. There is a 'Create Pin' option but no create board.

5. Any recommendations on a good 'pinterest help or howto' website, ive read some but they just skim over the basics like telling what a pin is and what a board is. 

6. When you edit a pin, there is a section called Notes, and Section, ive never added anything into these, should I be using them?

7. If i look at all my pins, and click one, some only have three text fields to edit (board, section notes) and some have more text fields (including title, description, website, alt text), ive no idea why. 

Thanks for the help

Simon

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Problem-solver

@simonbrattphotography Glad you made it to the community Welcome! 👋

I am going to tag other members for their input as well @foodiehomechef @allaboutbabyblog @TheEmpressLifestyle @FlyFierceFab @PinterestGabby 

I have made a short video for your questions regarding about how to find your boards | notes | creating a board and I have included the difference on "test fields" and below I have given you an explanation regarding why they exist and why you should include Alt Text.

Pinterest How to's 👈 

I hope I have been able to help you even a little bit - I tried to get everything in the video for you of course I have asked other members to contribute their thoughts and ideas and their experiences when working in Pinterest.

Your always welcome to ask more questions here is definitely the place to do it.

Lisa😁

Please follow me on Pinterest: Real South American LivingThanks! Lisa
2 Kudos
Problem-solver

Hi - Just followed you.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
Posts regularly

Hi Simon - I'll take a couple of these. 
1. It makes no difference. 
2. Do you mean on the image itself or in the title/description? Regardless, hashtags are no longer recommended.
5. Just updated yesterday, our "Everything Pinterest" webinar. It's inclusive but not overwhelming
7. You should see the 3 fields on Pins you have saved that are NOT going to your claimed site. The other fields should be available on Pins you saved that DO go to your claimed site.

Hope that helps! ~ Alisa

Tailwind
Create, schedule, publish, analyze - Pinterest marketing is all in one with Tailwind. Free trial.
2 Kudos
Just visiting

Thanks so much Lisa, great video and very helpful. Biggest thing was, I now know how to find the boards DOH!!!. and the rest was great too thank you.

1 Kudo
Just visiting

Thanks Alisa, very helpful too, much appreciated. 

1 Kudo
Problem-solver

@simonbrattphotography hi there your welcome!✌️

Yes, the new version can be a little tough but I'm sure you will be a pro by the time I finish writing this post.

If you do have any more questions this really is a great place to ask - hope to see you around.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
Just visiting

Hi,

One Question your video highlighted, which i cant workout the consequences..
The "allow people to upload photos" slider.
As a photographer, all about images, this seems important. but i cant find out what this actually means.

If it said "Allow people to download photos" that would make sense. I don't want people to download my images from Pinterest. I suspect that what it means?
If i should turn it off, do I need to go back and turn it off on all older pins? one at a time?
I assume people can still re-pin stuff, if thats turned off?

Thanks again, you've made Pinterest make sense, and now i'm enjoying it.

Simon

1 Kudo
Problem-solver

@therealsouthamerica  Wow what a great, helpful video... you go girl!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Valentine's Day ♥ & Mardi Gras & St. Patrick's Day
1 Kudo
Problem-solver

@simonbrattphotography Hi there - yes you would need to do each pin one at time if they are older pins. I mentioned this feature because you are a photographer and there have been many issues surrounding this topic on the community. 

As I mentioned if people share and repin (that is what they are supposed to do on Pinterest) some of what I have created on Vimeo and other apps I use like Adobe Stock, Canva and I have posted no problem but I don't want people downloading or uploading the content I make and repurposing. 

As you know many people will do things with content that is created by others and sometimes you have to just let it go but if you can avoid it from the start I think that's the better way to do it.

Glad you are enjoying Pinterest and glad to see you back in the community.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo