cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely sharp decline – from 4000 impressions to 200 in 2 days (March 2021)

ideachicretail
Just visiting

@anderfeldt We have notifications to check tags and claim our site but tags are fine and sites claimed. Still getting the messages. We had, for a few weeks, verified merchant status which is now gone. There is an appeal case started about verified merchant which I did not open. Our shop is back but not the same so I think the verified merchant status caused us issues. We have sustained organic traffic down about 150,000. I have pulled ads and plans for now until we see stableness. 

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts
1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@anderfeldt 

Thanks for asking so far it is too early to tell. So far there isn't any discernable increase in organic traffic.  I have heard that even ads don't work on accounts with a sudden loss and this is simply not true. Ads still generate traffic on stalled accounts.

I really don't think Pinterest support or even this forum is going to generate a conclusive answer. One thing I was thinking we could do is take a look at all the accounts that have a sudden loss in traffic and see if there are similarities.

I did come across a reddit thread where somebody says that they recovered: 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Pinterest/comments/hk2rk4/did_anyone_get_their_dropped_pin_impressions_back...

Here is what they did:
1)  Contact Pinterest support daily
2) Fresh pins daily
3) Vary the pin templates

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@thetoybuzz On point with those suggestions! 🙌

This is what we suggest for those drastic, unexplainable drops in traffic as well. Keep doing best practices, contact Pinterest regularly. We have seen comebacks with this strategy but it often takes longer than we think. 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Just visiting

@anderfeldt update. Our shop tab is back to normal and Verified Merchant back. Our organic traffic is coming back strong. I think our shop tab being down and even coming back different tells me there was something going on Pinterest wide in this regard that took a hit for many of us.  

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts
0 Kudos