cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely sharp decline – from 4000 impressions to 200 in 2 days (March 2021)

anderfeldt
Just visiting

Hi, 

I have experienced a very sharp decline in impressions; from about 4000 to about 200 in only 2 days. Is this normal? 

Has anybody experienced anything like that? It feels so sudden, as if it was a punishment or something like that, but at least I didn't get a notification for that. 

anderfeldt_0-1616944107356.png

1 Kudo
13 Replies
hospicenursehero

I am experiencing the same issue.  I have read several blogs that have said that they have reached out to Pinterest with little help or resolution.  I am not sure if it is an algorithm change or something else.  One site suggested un-claiming and then claiming again.  I am not sure if it is worth it to keep creating fresh pins for 3 views.  I am very disappointed.

2 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

This seems to be happening to more and more people but Pinterest maintains it is not a problem on their end and is related to your Pinterest strategy. This is the 2nd time this happened to my account. I lost all organic traffic and have been trying to reach out to Pinterest support for 2 weeks to confirm that my account has not been marked spam.

I have messaged my problem reaching support through the contact form to a moderator @PinterestGabby on this forum and she has reached out to the team. Hopefully, I can reach Pinterest to confirm my account has not been marked spam.

I already unclaimed my site and reclaimed it because somebody in Facebook group said the same thing happened to them and they found Pinterest somehow disconnected their site. When they reclaimed their site, they started getting traffic again. Unclaiming and reclaiming did nothing for my account.

This has happened before and Pinterest told me that my account didn't trigger the spam algorithm and I needed to post more fresh pins. I have followed the guidelines on Pinterest Academy of remaining active every week and my account still got hit with this again.

Now I am just posting pins that I know will never get any impressions in the hope that my account will recover again like last time. So far after a month, it has only got worse that I am wondering if this is even worth it anymore. I love Pinterest but I have accepted that Pinterest doesn't like the content I am making.

Organic traffic is not working anymore for me.

I have already created video. I have applied for story pins.

I have now started paid traffic.

If nothing improves, I am going to have to accept that this platform may not be for me. Pinterest never promised me anything. I count my blessings for what it has given my business and wish best of luck to it in the future.

2 Kudos
nombelina
Just visiting

I've had the same problem in February. Are you able to find yourself through the search box? I didn't show up in there. 

1 Kudo
anderfeldt
Just visiting

Hi @nombelina 😃 Yes, I can see the long discussion: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/support-and-questions/drop-in-traffic/td-p/13470 

I had a drop in January for which I blamed the announced change of algorithm. But the drop wasn't nearly as sharp as this one. 

The thread you started is marked as "solved" but I can't see a solution – or it the solution to accept Pinterest's unreliability? 😐 

I thought maybe the whole thing happens to force us to buy ads. Facebook has reduced the organic reach by a lot in the past to force companies to buy paid posts. 🤔

0 Kudos
nombelina
Just visiting

It's what I am wondering myself. Having people pay to increase reach like FB does on Instagram. For me the issue was solved, but I have no idea how. I still haven't received any communication from support. 

2 Kudos
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@anderfeldt @nombelina 

I don't think Pinterest is doing this to force anybody into buying ads. An interesting test would be to run ads on accounts hit with the phantom sudden drop. Has anybody tried? I am going to try.

1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Posts regularly

Interesting to see this. Our organic traffic dropped about 150,000 since last week but our shop is gone and we got notification to check out tags. Everything checks out but our shop is still gone. I am thinking related in our case? That was with ads running too so I have stopped ads! 

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
1 Kudo
nombelina
Just visiting

Numbers are dropping again. Around 30 to 50%. I still show up in search so I guess this has to do with the new algorithm? It's getting close to Easter and usually I get more traffic then.

2 Kudos
anderfeldt
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz If you try running ads, please let us know if anything changed. 

@nombelina What are they doing? Numbers keep dropping ... 😕 

@ideachicretail Any news in your case? You received a notification to check your tags, so your case may be different, but honestly, I have no idea. 

0 Kudos