cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever since suspension, everything changed

thesideblogger
Just visiting

So, like some other creators and business owners here, my account also got suspended temporarily a few weeks ago. And ever since then, even though the account was resurrected shortly, things haven't been the same. I used to get a lot of impressions when I manually pinned, and now? Nothing! Was there any official announcement for algorithm change? What am I doing wrong? Is it me or is it them? This is frustrating because Pinterest is a unique part of my whole business model, and if it stops working, then that'd mean I'll need to look to other avenues and restructure how I conduct my business. Did anyone else experience changes to how Pinterest drives traffic to new pins? Any information, link to news about this, or anything that might help is much appreciated. Thank you!

4 Kudos
7 Replies
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@thesideblogger it's not you 🙂 My impressions are so ridiculous low compared to what I would usually have that it is not even worth wasting my time pinning xD

>>> Are you a parent? Make sure to grab my free printables for kids here: https://allaboutbabyblog.com/freebies
4 Kudos
strangeharbors
Just visiting

I was caught in the glitch as well, and I’ve opened four tickets with no answers. This lack of transparency is outrageous, and the canned responses I’ve gotten do nothing to clarify why I’ve lost over 60,000 followers and why my engagement is now in the gutter. We need answers.

3 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@thesideblogger I'm sorry you're going through this and it's really discouraging for creators who genuinely love the platform. I would advise you to keep pinning as much as you can handle while putting more effort into Google SEO. Now is the time to pivot and diversify your traffic. It never pays to put all your eggs in one basket!

Jennifer Dagi
0 Kudos
acaketoremember
Just visiting

Just so you know, I was NOT caught in the suspension, but my views have also dropped to NOTHING compared to what they used to be. It doesn't matter whether it's Idea pins or regular pins or video pins, they're getting around 10 views in the first few days. I just checked, and in the last 30 days the analytics page is saying that over 2/3 of my pins got less than 100 impressions, including 14 that supposedly got 1 impression. Yes, ONE. That's ridiculous, so there's something going on with Pinterest's system that needs to be fixed. Either the analytics is wrong or their system is messed up because there's no way that's right!

3 Kudos
nestinglane
Just visiting

I wasn't suspended either, and my impressions have been in the single digits since the glitch. Randomly, the pin I posted yesterday got 2.5k impressions. I was hopeful things were going to get back to normal, Today's pin is in the single digits. So, now I'm wondering if it's an algorithm thing. I hope not! If this is an algorithm change, it will be horrible for creators. 

3 Kudos
momentswithjenny
Posts regularly

@nestinglane You're right on that one! It sure is an algorithm thing. I've noticed that my account gets high or low impressions randomly like the pins that move are being chosen by Pinterest. No matter what I do I can't replicate the results for other pins. I'm so exhausted!

Jennifer Dagi
1 Kudo
savvycaligirl

@thesideblogger 

The ROI on Pinterest is nonexistent now. Creating pins endlessly is not realistic, especially for only a few impressions. I was not part of that suspension "glitch" but never the less zero traffic since mid-July.  I don't spam, don't use the same image more than once, only use the same link if more than 35 days apart and NEVER to the same board, blah blah, blah.

2 Impressions for a brand new pin and url with my own image and optimized to coincide with board title and description, topic and title of the post, and so forth and so on. Those are the rules, are they not? New content and unique images. 

Thank god, I revamped all my posts last year for SEO. My organic traffic via Google goes up every single month without fail.

0 Kudos