cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when uploading video "This video isn't encoded in H.264"

sugaretcie
Just visiting

Hi -

I have tried multiple times to upload a video (video pin) for my business account and I get the following message: "This video isn't encoded in H.264". I use my Android Pixel5a. I have the H.264 video codec selected and the file is less than 100MB. I have tried the help desk twice with no response. Can anyone help? @PinterestGabby?

Thank you 

Leah

1 Kudo
5 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sugaretcie Hi 👋🏻 Welcome to the PBC.

I actually answered a similar question recently Video cover , the problem I personally experienced was with iPhone and not on my Android. My workaround still remains the same using an alternate Video Uploader such as @vimeo to create and upload videos this is in addition to Canva.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
sugaretcie
Just visiting

Lisa -
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! I will try that out.
I have to say that it shouldn't be that complicated. If Pinterest wants people to use their platform and spend money on their ads, it should be dead simple. One should be able to capture video on their phones and just upload. @PinterestGabby @PinterestJazmin are we missing something? Is there an easier way?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@sugaretcie Hi

No problem, I understand when you want to create something and hit a snag. I do agree with you but I have to say that this was actually a known issue with Apple more specifically iPhones I use both Apple and Android and I personally have never had problems with Android, that said this was the best workaround I could come up with. I have found on more than one occasion that problems with uploading often come from the actual devices and not from the apps.

I did also use Facebook - creating a video and than uploading to Pinterest to create the downside to all of these options is that you don't get a real opportunity to use the Pinterest Tools that are available to you when you are creating pins and idea pins and there are some great tools and of course it becomes time consuming.

Thank you for the follow I have given you a follow back and have added you as a friend here on the PBC. 

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
wa6811809
Just visiting

hey,

i also face tis issue several time....My business account keeps giving me the following error message when I upload videos  "This video cannot be encoded in H.274". My phone is an Android . The file is less than 100 MB, and I have selected the H.264 video codec. There has been no response from the help desk......

1 Kudo
PinterestDavid

Hi @wa6811809 and welcome to PBC!

I’m sorry about the trouble you're experiencing with your Video Pins.

I'm not able to find any tickets filed by you, so can you please file a new ticket with our support team, in order for them to investigate the issue you're facing and diagnose what's causing it.

I wish there was more I could do here, but the team you'll handle your ticket is better suited to investigate your issue further.

You should receive a reply from them soon. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meanwhile.

Let us know if you have any questions in the meantime, and keep us posted on the resolution with our team.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo