cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 4059 on Double English Data Feed Shopify Catalog

heartfeltgiver
Just visiting

@PinterestDebora Hello

In catalog when you ad a data source and create pins, are you creating multiple pins all of your product on shopify that applies?  I am confused on what a data source is as it pertains the the catalog.  Please Help. Thank you

0 Kudos
PinterestDebora

Hi @tiatrends, data source is a feed that you need to upload in order to create your catalog. Pinterest accepts only the following data formats: CSV, TSV, XML Please check this article for more information on how to upload it.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
toxicvintageclothingco
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestDebora, I am having exactly the same issue.   My understanding is that the data source is generated by the Pinterest App for Shopify and uploaded to Pinterest so this is not something I am manually generating, however, I was able to run a comparison of the data source generated for the GB language version and the data source generated for the US language version and it seems that the US version has an additional field named "translations" with a blank array as data into the file for each item.

US file sample:

"totalVariants":1,"translations":[],"updatedAt"

GB file sample:

"totalVariants":1,"updatedAt"

I suspect this is what is causing the issue at the Pinterest side of things.  Could someone look into this further and advise what action needs to be taken to avoid this issue in the future, many thanks.

toxicvintageclothingco_0-1638198421167.pngtoxicvintageclothingco_1-1638198453484.png

1 Kudo
kaysmars
Just visiting

I'm having this problem again right now, the problem is shopify pinterest application's catalog feed creation problem, but since the support team does not take us into consideration, we are constantly having problems in this way, I hope one day the pinterest support team can help us to solve our problem. The reason I say this is because he thinks we are the problem in every support we open. whereas we are decent and reliable content creators on Pinterest. 

1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Posts regularly

Hello, we have this issue and it can´t be resolved without technical support. First level support response was a bug and had to pass the ticket to another support group with a comment about no guarantee to be resolved in the 30 days window to fix before loosing verified status. On perhaps a related note, advertising catalog sales is something we have found not reliable. We´ve pulled all ads on Pinterest. I will respond if I hear anything else. D  

Idea Chíc makes sweet. classic, chíc social stationery and gifts https://www.pinterest.com/ideachicretail/
1 Kudo
tiatrends
Just visiting

Hi there @PinterestDebora,
Since many users have expressed their struggles with this exact same issue,
also, considering all of them contacting Pinterest Support have not brought any resolution to the problem,
Is there a way that this thread could be shown directly to the dev team so they can see that it's multiple people having the same problem?
That would be greatly appreciated, if possible.

0 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all! Thank you for your patience. We have an update in regards to the bug (Error: 1008 & Error: 4059) wherein a duplicate feed showed and started causing feed failures. Our Engineering team has fixed the ingestion failure issue in which one of the duplicated feed should now be ingesting and can be used for Shop tab, ads, etc.

However, the new feed that showed up, will continue to fail, this can be disregarded for now and can be disabled to avoid confusion, as we continue to wait for a long term solution. 

We truly apologize for the sudden disruption this issue had caused, especially as this was discovered toward the holidays. Hope this helps!

@tiatrends @ittybittyfox @heartfeltgiver @EduViottoDecor @kaysmars 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
adrianaortizdes
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestJazmin, tonight I still having the same problem. How long I will have to wait for the long term solution? I'm waiting from Nov. 17.

I hope I don't loose my Verify Merchant status because of the Error: 1008 & Error: 4059.

Please let me/ us know. Thank you.

1 Kudo
MavayaDecor

568078C0-12A2-4DE5-9218-41EB14DB0C8B.png

C108D6C2-1DAA-4C68-A9E5-23A6F6CEEA17.png

Hello, I am having the same issues. Receiving error 4059 & 152. My data source is a Csv file, none from support has been able to pinpoint the issue as of yet. Can you please assist?

2 Kudos
kaysmars
Just visiting

Hello, actually the problem was not solved and turned into a different problem.

I made a record to the support team for this, but the support team did not see me as a human without any response and closed the ticket.

we make pinterest a more efficient platform by producing content, but the pinterest team is making this platform worse by ignoring us and the users

can you please train your support team and please reply us

1 Kudo