cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Error

Highlighted

Hello. I would like to run an ad on a pin, but it needs editing. I can not edit the pin and receive this message instead, after trying to edit:
Sorry there was an error editing your pin

2 Kudos
17 Replies
Highlighted

Hi,

I left off some hashtags from a couple of pins and is now trying to add them. I make the edit, but when I click on save I get a message that says "Sorry an error occurred whist editing your pin". What is the cause and how to fix it. 

Regards

Jacquelin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jacquelingrant! Thanks for flagging this in the community. I merged your post here since there are a few other folks reporting. After trying the troubleshooting steps shared in this thread and the error is still happening, please let us know. Thanks! 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

I'm relatively new to PInterest. I had no problems with editing pins. But for the last week I have not been able to edit my pins. I tried all of the above suggestions @PinterestGabby but I still am having the error message.  Any other suggestions?

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @muslimhomeschoolersunite -- thanks for sharing a screenshot of the error and the Pin you were editing. Super helpful! We can start with some basic troubleshooting tips that might help. 

1. Try restarting your computer.
  2. Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
  3. Temporarily turn off any ad blocker software you're running (for this please check browser settings).
  4. Make sure your browser is up-to-date. You can check here!
  5. Try from a different browser like Chrome.
  6. Try from another computer.

If you're not sure how to enable or clear cookies, you can learn how here.

After trying the above and the error is still happening, please file at ticket with our support team and include information like the link of the Pin, error message, etc. so they can gather gather all the necessary info and escalate to engineering if need be. 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

2 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi, PinterestGabby, 

We have the same issue. We cannot edit pins, and haven't been able to do so since Friday. 

We filed two support tickets (one Saturday; one Monday), and received a reply, just now. 

It said: "The Pinterest Business Community can also help you get ideas, support, and stay inspired by others using Pinterest to grow their business."

The word 'also' suggests there was an earlier, more in-depth reply, but there wasn't one.

We already tried all the tips you suggested.

2 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@muslimhomeschoolersunite @todayshomeowner @PinterestGabby Hi there I'm taking a leap here but if you have already uploaded the pin that your trying to promote try removing the pin make the necessary changes to the pin or edit it then add the pin again to the board of your choosing reload the page to make sure the pin has been added with no issues and then hover over the pin and when you see the promote pin click - I am adding this reply based on your comment and I hope I read it properly. I have added a short video to show you what I am talking about. I really hopes this helps - Lisa😁

Editing Published Pins 

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisa❤️
1 Kudo
Highlighted

Thanks for sharing your tip. However, in hindsight, I believe more information should be added: We can't edit pins that are added via the 'Pin It!' Chrome extension. (The official Pinterest web browser extension.) 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@todayshomeowner hi there have you updated Chrome the browser extension and further if your using Apple Computer have you installed their latest updates (came out yesterday). Lisa

Please Visit My Pinterest Page & Follow https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427 Thanks, Lisa❤️
1 Kudo
Highlighted
Problem-solver

@todayshomeowner you may still want to try editing the pin outside of Pinterest and then adding it back to Pinterest just to see if that would fix the issue. Lisa

1 Kudo