cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in traffic

nombelina
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz I haven't changed anything. I don't even pin that often, but I have some recipes that do very well on Pinterest. That's why it would surprise me if I got black listed, marked as spam or maybe even shadow banned.

I don't know how the numbers came back, because I still don't show up in search. Traffic is a bit better, but would improve even more if I did show up in the search results. Maybe they did something else with the algorithm.

So far no response from support, but it helps knowing I'm not the only one affected by this. So it's not something I could possibly have done wrong. 

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@thetoybuzz    I know exactly why this happened to me & I'm putting all the blame on Pinterest. On 3/1 I was caught up in their spam filter for no reason at all & my account was suspended for about 18 hours before they reinstated it & apologized for the mistake.

Well... within hours all my metrics started dropping and within days all my pins were gone from search & it continues to this very day, 3 weeks. I wrote another support ticket on 3/9 regarding this problem, but got nothing but a canned response which I replied to & asked to speak to a human... and nothing! *sigh*

Then... ok this is hilarious... they actually sent me an email titled "How Did We Do?" regarding their help for my situation! Of course I selected "Not Great" from their 2 choices & when the new window opened I told them how dissatisfied I was with their assistance... and still nothing!

I'm frustrated & sad that I've put in 6 years of work in my Pinterest account, (and like you) always following the rules & best practices & this is how I'm treated. It's sad... very sad *shaking head*

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
1 Kudo
nombelina
Just visiting

@foodiehomechef @thetoybuzz My website shows up in search again. Haven't gotten a response from support yet, so I don't know if it's just for me or that they fixed some issues in general.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@nombelina   It's not happening for me... but I'm glad your account is recovering!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@nombelina @foodiehomechef 
No, my account shows no sign of recovery. It's only getting worse.  Thanks for informing us. I am glad your account has recovered.

Can you think of anything you did to influence the outcome or is it just random? Have you increased or slowed down your rate of pinning? At any rate, the question is why does this happen and how can you avoid it in the future.  Still, no answers. 

The new Pinterest seems to favor spammers who can create an endless supply of fresh pins by stealing content. It might not bother others and they have learned to accept this is just Pinterest where spammers and regular users coexist. Sorry, it bothers me when every search returns spam.

It bothers me when the images I have taken so long to create have led to spam for over a year and my images are nowhere to be seen. If my images ever appear on Pinterest again under my account, people might be afraid to click them. I'm sorry I can't look the other way.

Also, in regards to your account  it seems like organic traffic is random. Sure there is always seasonality but seasonality doesn't mean that one month you are getting thousands in traffic and the next month you are getting zero. 

At best, I can only expect inconsistent traffic from Pinterest. I think as a business owner I am going to have to decide if this is worth it anymore. I think I am going to try ads and see if I can get more consistent traffic with that.

It is clear to me that Pinterest doesn't like the content I am making even though I have followed the rules. I have accepted: it's a problem with my content not Pinterest. I wish the very best for this platform and count my blessings for what it has provided for my business.

2 Kudos
nombelina
Just visiting

@thetoybuzz one of the mods here recommended replying to the automated response you receive after using the support form. That's the only thing I did last night. Just repeated all I said before, not showing up in search results with a direct link to my website.

I didn't do anything after that and the next morning I was able to find my website. Not sure if it's because of my email, because I still don't have a response. 

2 Kudos
teediddlydee_DIY
Just visiting

Same thing here and now it's August and it's still happening!!!  I'm so disappointed as this is my bread and butter and I'm starving.  I have written Pinterest multiple times and I finally got a response (a month later) with a round-about, generic answer saying that I just need to make better pins.  I am angry, frustrated, and sickened by this!!!!!!!!!  I'm so sorry everyone else has this happening as well!!

0 Kudos