cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in traffic

nebmotion
Just visiting

Glad I'm not the only one! I've had a massive drop in impressions since Feb 20th 2021 and it is continuing in a downward trend... also cannot find my pins anymore when I search for keywords.

See my screenshot of my analytics dashboard, you will notice a sudden drop of 70%!

Before Feb 20th i was consistently hitting 70k-90k impressions,  after the 20th a sudden drop to 20K impressions and now in march it's dropped to 5K

Pinterest Analytics.png

1 Kudo
glampitall

I noticed it on the online version. However, when I look at the mobile version I went from around 90k monthly views to 1.9m monthly views. Online says I have 78...just 78 monthly views. On January 20th I had 42.8k impressions and from January 1st until now I show ZERO impressions every day! I had 38.63k Monthly engaged audience per the online on January 20th and it took a nose dive to 2 by February 18th. I just pulled the mobile from February 20th to compare that what you are experiencing and my impressions and total audience dropped by an average of 32%. So, something has to be wrong with their analytics. Plus, with all the storms in February until now there should be more activity on Pinterest. 

1 Kudo
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

There is definitely something going on again...all my stats are on a downward trend and it's at that point where it's pretty much not even worth it pinning anymore...at least it's no fun.

I contacted support and was told everything is fine and a canned response with best practices which I am already following and yet it just keeps going down.

On days I don't pin at all theres sometimes a little bump up so idk what to do anymore.

I've been concentrating more on SEO lately rather than pinterest.

@PinterestGabby have you heard of anything lately?

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Same here @allaboutbabyblog & it's very distressing to say the least!

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Currently Pinning to: Father's Day & Memorial Day / July 4th & BBQ / Grilling
1 Kudo
amjadlove231987
Just visiting

https://www.pinterest.com/amjadlove231987/_created/                                                                                         i dont know It seems something else is going on. I can't find any pins leading directly to my website when I do a search. Already contacted the Helpdesk. Hope they can fix this soon. thanks with regards

0 Kudos
ketodietyum
Just visiting

We are noticing the same thing. None of our recipes are displaying when we use the Pinterest search. We have quite a few niche recipes where there are only a handful of results and the recipes aren't showing up.

What's even more troubling is that some of our recipe pins ARE showing up but are attached to spam accounts and lead to spam websites. As I mentioned earlier, we've sent 3 tickets through to the support team on Wednesday outlining the issue. We were told they were sent through to the relevant department but haven't heard back anything.

Maybe one of the moderators here can let the Pinterest team know people are having this issue?

All the best!

1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@allaboutbabyblog 

My account had recovered, but the same thing happened on my account. I was getting traffic and then suddenly it all disappeared overnight. I really don't know what we are doing wrong. Have you been frequently pinning? 

2 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@thetoybuzz Yes I am pinning every single day. My strategy has been working good until now...idk what they are doing xD

1 Kudo
catskingdom0002
Just visiting

lol this happened at start of January, the analytic just up and down, they are really tight up all our reaches to the audience. Open ticket and they are just saying the same words xD

Just like watching your account die slowly 🤣 can't do anything. But are they want us to start spending on ads?

1 Kudo
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

@ketodietyum 

This has happened to my account before and support couldn't really offer anything other than pin more fresh pins. Have you been active?  While my account did eventually recover the stolen pins were still outranking the original pins.

On March 1, my account nosedived to almost nothing again. I can understand my pins no longer being relevant but what really is confusing is that stolen pins are ranking with my images. Pinterest doesn't like our accounts and would rather show spam. There has got to be a rational explanation why this happens. I hope you get an answer.

0 Kudos