cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Pinterest Shadow-ban Accounts?

shopclaricielo
Just visiting

Hello everyone! 

Im looking to gain some insight on Pinterest and if the platform shadow-bans or prevents Individuals from posting content.

To give you guys a bit of a backstory I used to have a business account that did very well. I had 10m+ monthly views, non-stop engagement and like 12k followers. My company recently rebranded and unfortunately I had to start a new Pinterest account with our new name etc. (maybe i should kept the old account haha) 

Anyways I began to post on the new account and have had very little if any interactions but my monthly views are already at 5.5k. Today I posted a couple of pins and story pins. I noticed after hours I had 0 views so I logged into the old account and interacted with the new on the new account post...The views remained at zero. I then asked a friend to look up my account and interact with the new content and still the views remain at 0. I can see if someone "hearts" the post but it shows me no one has clicked the pin/story pin and viewed it? 

What does this mean? Has this happened to any one before? I am still waiting on hearing back from support. Let me know! Hopping my account has not been flagged...

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

hello @corriellington 

1. Your competing for eyeballs on Pinterest especially when it comes to fashion. That's a given but I needed to mention that. 

2. It looks like "affordable fashion" is your top keyword. Inject that in your titles and in your "notes" when creating Idea Pins. Remove your username on the first card/video. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.56.39 AM.png

3. Create an additional card to your Idea pin instead of adding this under "notes".

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.53.12 AM.png

 4. I'm not managing your account so naturally I can't see your back end. I typically need to see that when I am auditing accounts. Sorry I do charge for that service:)

5. Bottom line, you have to invest in ads. 

Happy Holidays,

Anna 

Anna Bennett

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Pinterest does not always update all your metrics in real time. Avoid looking at your performance on a daily basis. Give it a few days or even a week. In fact, it's best if you check your metrics as part of your month end activities. 

Anna Bennett
2 Kudos
corriellington
Posts regularly

I came on here actually looking for the same help.  My monthly views have dropped over 100K in the last month and my impressions are at zero for static pins, and SUPER low for idea pins (I used to get 1K impressions within the first couple hours and now I'm lucky if I break 50 in a day).  The only thing that I can think of is that I started an ad group for the first time a month ago.  I ran it for 5 weeks and ever since then my views have dropped.  What am I doing wrong??

Please follow me on Pinterest ❤
0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

hello @corriellington 

1. Your competing for eyeballs on Pinterest especially when it comes to fashion. That's a given but I needed to mention that. 

2. It looks like "affordable fashion" is your top keyword. Inject that in your titles and in your "notes" when creating Idea Pins. Remove your username on the first card/video. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.56.39 AM.png

3. Create an additional card to your Idea pin instead of adding this under "notes".

Screen Shot 2021-12-16 at 10.53.12 AM.png

 4. I'm not managing your account so naturally I can't see your back end. I typically need to see that when I am auditing accounts. Sorry I do charge for that service:)

5. Bottom line, you have to invest in ads. 

Happy Holidays,

Anna 

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
corriellington
Posts regularly

@pinterestmarketingexpert thank you so much for taking the time to look at my account.  These are great tips and I really appreciate it.  Happy Holidays!

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

My pleasure. @corriellington 

I looked at your last Idea Pin https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/130182245470415204/

Think WIIFM? What's in it for your customer to buy this dress?

What solution are you offering? 

You have a great, model like body, long legs and all but your customers may not be built that way.  What if the person is pear-shaped, apple shaped, and on? What will the sequins do for her body shape? Will it make it more flattering or make her look bigger? 

Solve problems because no problems = no sales. 

Anna Bennett
1 Kudo
corriellington
Posts regularly

That's a great point!  Thanks for the tip!

0 Kudos