cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my website look like spam to you?

mynestidea
Just visiting

Hey guys,

A quick question do you believe that my website violates Pinterest spam policy?

https://www.dancelifemap.com/

Here are a couple examples of my most popular content on Pinterest:

1. https://www.dancelifemap.com/a-very-feminine-dance/

2. https://www.dancelifemap.com/kizomba-basic-steps/

3. Recently got popular: https://www.dancelifemap.com/the-history-of-flashmobs/

The reason I am asking is because my account got suspended for spam half a year ago and now my website got blocked for the same reason. I've contacted Pinterest support many times, but they refused to tell me what's the reason my website is considered spam, they just point to their spam policy which I read over a 100 times since then and nothing changed. I still believe my website cannot be viewed as spam regardless of how you define it.

I would greatly appreciate if you could help me identify what is the problem with it and why Pinterest hates it so much.

Thank you,

Roman.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hi @mynestidea Welcome to the PBC!

It might be more about how you're pinning. If you're pinning the same content over and over again, Pinterest considers that spam. I looked at your website briefly and it doesn't look like spam, at least on the surface. 

How were you pinning before? 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
mynestidea
Just visiting

HI @simplepinmedia 

After my account got suspended a few months a go, I was not pinning at all, all new content was getting pined by my website visitors.

Before that I was making only 1 pin per new post.  Super rarely repined some of my older content (maybe once a month or even less).

After Pinterest started allowing saving multiple images at one time I was making around 3 different pins per post. Again, never the same pin multiple times.

Then I read on some blog post by one of the creators that Pinterest doesn't like people saving multiple pins of one post all at once. Never seen this in the official policy, but I played it safe anyways, creating 3-5 pins per post, but saving only one of them.

Always manually, never used any of the automation tools, even recommended ones.

Could there be something else that I missed?

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@mynestidea That definitely doesn't sound like your pinning behavior was spammy. 

Sometimes it takes a few tickets before someone at Pinterest's support will actually look into your account and see what's going on. We like to advise people to keep submitting a ticket until you get someone to look at your account. 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
mynestidea
Just visiting

@simplepinmedia Yeah Tabby, I know this and that's what I was doing, however I am pretty sure they no longer read my emails anymore and don't look into my account. Because every time I get a response from the submitted ticket, they get back to me saying that they cannot reactivate my account and I need to look at their spam policy.

They also end the letter saying that my ticket is closed and if I have any other problem I need to submit a new ticket for that. Definitely not willing to have a conversation. I am totally baffled and see no way to handle it.

Can my account/website be intentionally attacked by some competitor with the help of some sort of click farm reporting spam on my pins over and over again? And the pinterest support just treat these signals as real user-reported feedback? I just see no other explanation of what's happening.

0 Kudos
carebymeusa
Just visiting

I think your site looks great. The only reason I can see is what some of the other replies suggest.

/Kenn

PS - It looks like it's a REAL business community for users. Not a lot of reactions from Pinterest.

1 Kudo
mynestidea
Just visiting

Does anyone from Pinterest actually check what people discuss on this forum? I haven't seen any so far in other threads.

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

@mynestidea Yes, we have a couple of PBC managers in here. It's just a lot of people to manage so sometimes we have to tag.  

@PinterestGabby or @PinterestJazmin do you have any insight other than what has been mentioned? 

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the tag, @simplepinmedia! Apologies for the delay in response here, @mynestidea, appreciate the feedback and sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience with this.

I checked with our team and it looks like your website was reactivated -- can you double-check to confirm? Thank you! 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
mynestidea
Just visiting

Thank you @PinterestGabby 

My website got indeed unblocked yesterday, thank you so much!

However account is still suspended. If it wasn't reactivated, I guess it's still out of question?

I know from my experience, that for some reason Pinterest support doesn't want to share the exact reasons why the account gets suspended. 

I just wanted to tell you that it would help a lot not just us - creators, but it would help Pinterest as well to point at the exact things that we should change, so that we don't make the same mistake again and could improve and grow and make Pinterest user experience better and better.

Many other companies do that, why Pinterest can't do the same and help their creators who devote their time to the platform they love? Why ban them?

I'm saying this because in my case I simply did not know what I was doing wrong, even though I had read the policy many many times. If someone said to me "Roman please don't do that and that anymore" - I would gladly do it. Instead I got suspended a couple of times and then totally blocked. And I still don't know what to do or what not to do.

Some things may seem simple and obvious to you, because you work with it every day, but for others they are not as obvious.

Hopefully some day I will be allowed to know how to be a good Pinterester.

I do indeed appreciate your help Gabby, I just also wanted Pinterest to know what it looks like from my side and probably from the vantage point of other creators as well.

Thank you,

Roman.

0 Kudos