cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to have all clothing variations in my catalog product feed?

faithwriting
Just visiting

Hello,

Can you tell me if there is a need to have all product variations for clothing items in my Pinterest product catalog data feed? That is, should I include every variation of a t-shirt, such as size and color. So for one t-shirt there might be 40-60 variations, such as Blue small, Black small, Green small, Blue Medium, etc.

Or, should I only just have the default variation for each product sent in the feed (so just one variation)? Since they will be purchasing on my site and can choose the variation that they want on the site, is there a need to send all the variations? Will this help with my Pinterest visibility or the user experience? How does this work? I'm a little confused and new to this.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PinterestSusana

Hi @faithwriting and welcome to the PBC!

It is not necessary to include all product variations. If you decide to include each variation of your products, we'll create a Pin for each variant on your Shop tab. We would recommend going with the default variation for now. Like you've mentioned, Pinners can choose a variation on your website once they click on the product.

We're currently working on:

• Letting you (the merchant) choose what product image is displayed as the main Pin image on Pinterest.
  • Give shoppers a way to see the rest of the images (besides the main one) directly from one Pin
  • Give shoppers a way to navigate through all variants from one Pin

We don't have an estimated release for these improvements but are working hard to release them as soon as possible. 🛠
Let me know if you need anything else!

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
faithwriting
Just visiting

Thanks for the reply @PinterestSusana !

I worked on getting the item_group_id optional product identifier into my feed before reading this.  According to the Catalog documentation, this is used for product variations.  But, I assume from what you are saying, that this isn't actually supported yet?

Also, should I be making regular pins like I normally do for blog posts and other content, for my products? ..or does the system automatically create pins for my products for me with no need to create any more?  Or does it help to create pins for the products, even though the system will automatically create pins?

Sorry, I'm new to the whole products pin and feed thing.  But, I am experienced with the original way of pinning for content and blogs!  So I'm a little confused as to what the practices are for product pins. Thanks!

1 Kudo
PinterestSusana

Hey @faithwriting,

Since the system creates Pins for your products, you don't need to build them manually. You can keep pinning about your other content like blog posts since these are not being automatically posted by Pinterest.

I hope this clarifies! 🙂

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos