cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMCA Question

Highlighted
Just visiting

My daughter has a blog and I frequently save her pins and click through to her website to read her blog. I clicked through on one of her pins and noted that it went through to a spam website. I saved a copy of the pin to show her so she could file a DMCA. She filed the DMCA. However, Pinterest have accused me of being the perpetrator and have threatened a strike against me. I am not the person who stole her pin and set it up to link to a spammy website. I do not own the spam website that it was linking to. The DMCA should have been filed against the person who stole her pin and not me. I saved it to show her. The DMCA states that anyone who has saved the pin won't be penalised - this is clearly not the case. Why has this happened and is the system now striking the wrong users? Please can you look into this.

1 Kudo
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @tbailey5491, welcome to the community, and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you share the ticket # here so we can check the status and escalate? To be transparent, the Pinterest Business Community is not a staffed support channel, and we aren't able to influence or reverse any decisions made on Pinterest accounts. We are, however, able to help escalate issues as needed and check into the status of tickets. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Thanks for the offer of chasing up Gabby. However, not needed now as the copyright team have responded. They have apologised for the error and have removed the DMCA strike from me. It would still be good to know though whether an issue exists in the system where it is raising DMCA strikes against the wrong people. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tbailey5491, glad to hear the team followed up with you. I'll share your feedback with the team -- feel free to also respond on the ticket with that question/feedback so they can follow-up with you directly. LMK if you have any other questions and hope you have a safe holiday weekend. 

0 Kudos