cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog datasource on same domain?

hayatascapes
Posts regularly

I am having issues with my website provider that stores the product catalog file.  Does the file need to come from the same domain as the website claim? It would be a completely separate domain and not something like a subdomain of the claimed domain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hi @hayatascapes 

Yes, the file needs to come from the same domain that is verified on Pinterest. Here is a screenshot from an informative video all about setting up shop on Pinterest. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.04.34 AM.png

Maansi goes into detail about this at the 15:05 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IGjb7b5Yg&list=PL9OWOfUBr3ZbDHq0w2WakDnARqoI9BKzh&index=2&t=992s

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com

View solution in original post

Pinterest's product team goes over everything you need to know in order to launch a shopping campaign, as well as best practices + tips and tricks to be succ...
2 Kudos
3 Replies
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hi @hayatascapes 

Yes, the file needs to come from the same domain that is verified on Pinterest. Here is a screenshot from an informative video all about setting up shop on Pinterest. 

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 11.04.34 AM.png

Maansi goes into detail about this at the 15:05 mark. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5IGjb7b5Yg&list=PL9OWOfUBr3ZbDHq0w2WakDnARqoI9BKzh&index=2&t=992s

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com

View solution in original post

Pinterest's product team goes over everything you need to know in order to launch a shopping campaign, as well as best practices + tips and tricks to be succ...
2 Kudos
hayatascapes
Posts regularly

@simplepinmedia Thanks. My website issue has been resolved and it is working now.

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yay @PinterestMaansi!! You rock, Tabby!! 💜

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

2 Kudos