Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Data Source Ingestion Failing

andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby @Anonymous Hello! 

I have a technical issue that I think will require a developer on your Verified Merchant team to look at. I believe this issue goes layers deeper than what the support team can provide at this time.  Below is a description of the issue. I have already submitted a support ticket in regards to this but would greatly appreciate some additional advisement to get this resolved. Thank you! 🙏🏼🤓📌

Our product catalog, which was working fine for many months, suddenly stopped working recently.  We've tried some different things in attempts to fix it, but nothing seems to change.  What we are seeing is very confusing and we would like to get help before our Verified status goes away. This is a little long, but I want to share in detail what we are seeing and why it's so confusing. 

First, when we attempt to find out what the exact issues are with the catalog, we're not sure how to even view what's wrong.  On the business status page we click the "Go to Catalogs" button, then land on the "Catalogs" page, where we can see a table of dates and statuses for previous catalog imports.

On the far right side of the table, there is the "Actions" column, with a CTA button "View Issues".   The first question we have, is this where you go to see current catalog issues?  Since these buttons live within the row on that table, it appears that they are referring the catalog and date that is also referenced on that row.  However, we don't see any other place to view the issues with our catalog.  

So we made the assumption that these "View Issues" buttons are referring to our current catalog issues.  That's where the next confusion begins. The Data source errors shown on that page include 17 occurrences of Error 4028, "Some main images can't be found".  

This is odd because every row of our CSV (over 400 rows) has the exact same formatting, which is just a standard URL to a JPG.  I can't possibly see how some of them would be bad and not others. Again, I don't know if I'm even looking in the right place to find issues with the CURRENT catalog data source. (I'm guessing not..) 

Back on the "Catalogs" page, I can click the Pencil icon to edit the data source.  We've tried inputting multiple different URLs here, then waiting 24 hours or more. But the "Data Source" screen never seems to update.  The most recent Last Ingestion Date never changes, it seems to be stuck at 2/3/2021. This again leads us to the first question.  

Another thing we've double checked is that the Product Feed URL actually does point to a valid CSV, can be reached on the internet, and contains an up-to-date catalog formatting.  These were correct each time, we never had any trouble getting to the catalog. 

It feels like what's happening is that the system is not even attempting to ingest our data source, or it's failing in a way that doesn't generate any useful information about the cause.  We never get emails or alerts about anything around the catalog data source being updated, failing, etc.  It seems like if it was working right, even our failed attempts at ingesting the data source should generate new entries in that table.

We'd like to get this issue sorted out before we lose the Verified Merchant status.  That would happen on March 18, 2021.  Please let us know what we can do to help get the catalog data source ingesting correctly again. 

Thanks again for any guidance! 🤓📌

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Yes I did. It was an API change that occurred in the CSV file formatting that caused my feed to fail silently. I diagnosed the issue and fixed it in my catalog feed converter. You can access that here - https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pintere...

This fix however is for Squarespace users only. If you can match your input schema to ours from a different platform it could still work. 

I host my .csv file on my Squarespace site because you need to host it on your eComm backend for it to be a valid catalog feed URL.

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hiya @andrealidesigns thank you for the extremely thorough, detailed post here. Extremely helpful! I've located your ticket and am looped into your conversation with our support team. I've also made sure to share your post here on the PBC with the agents so we're aligned on how to help solve. Thank you again for reaching out and hoping we can get this resolved soon! 🤞

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestGabby Thank you so much for your assistance in getting more eyeballs on this issue! I really appreciate you and the Pinterest team for your support. 

I believe we will get this resolved not just for me but other creators who may encounter something similar. 🤓📌🙏🏼

0 Kudos
theelegantgiftstore
Just visiting

Hi

Good Evening

I'm also facing the same problem.

It's showing me error 4028 (Some main images can't be found)

I checked all my products & all of them have images.

The second issue is the new products are not showing up in my Pinterest shop. In my catalog, the total number of products is correct but it is showing less than the actual number in my Pinterest account.

Can you please help? @PinterestGabby @Anonymous

Thank you

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @andrealidesigns !  

Did this ever get resolved?  I've had some issues lately with the manual catalog setup and wondering if this might shed some light on it.  

Also, where do you host your .csv file?  I've been using GoogleDrive, but I recently read on the Pinterest help docs that GoogleDrive is not a supported feed source. (Even though, I've recently set up manual catalogs with no problem.)

Anyways, would love to get your thoughts!

-Cali

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Yes I did. It was an API change that occurred in the CSV file formatting that caused my feed to fail silently. I diagnosed the issue and fixed it in my catalog feed converter. You can access that here - https://andreali.com/news-blog/2020/6/4/how-to-connect-your-squarespace-ecommerce-website-to-pintere...

This fix however is for Squarespace users only. If you can match your input schema to ours from a different platform it could still work. 

I host my .csv file on my Squarespace site because you need to host it on your eComm backend for it to be a valid catalog feed URL.

I hope this helps! 🤓📌

2 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you @andrealidesigns !

I have a client on Squarespace and I have to update their catalog.  This is very helpful!!

----------
❤︎ Cali, Pinterest Strategist at The Halcyon Hive
Please follow me on: PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM
Set up your Pinterest account to attract your ideal audience ⇨ FREE mini-course

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@thehalcyonhive Of course! My pleasure! Happy to help 🤓📌

0 Kudos
icuteshoes
Just visiting

hI Squarespace  is free for using?

0 Kudos
icuteshoes
Just visiting

hi @andrealidesigns Squarespace is free for using?

0 Kudos