cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canva/ Photoshop for pin creation, but blurry when I upload to Pinterest

mead0640
Labels (3)

Hey everyone,

I am trying to create pins to promote my blog, but am struggling! I have created them on Canva and Photoshop and to Pinterest approved sizes, 1000x1500 px and other 2:3 ratios. I have exported them as a PNG and even tried a PDF and then converted it to a JPEG, however, when I upload them to Pinterest the text appears blurry, and they look super poor quality.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong, please? I am going out of my mind! Please see file attached of my board.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abetterresume
Loves to help

I believe your ratio is right, but the error is in the double conversion. A png is a web image and when converted to a JPEG you are getting blurry edging. According to Canva, you can export directly as a JPEG and use directly on Pinterest.

Here is an article to read about creating spectacular pins in Canva.

https://fallontravels.com/blog/canva-pinterest-templates

1 Kudo
typicallytopical
Loves to help

Hey @mead0640 I second that what @abetterresume has said. The double conversion is what's probably causing the blurriness. With Canva you can export directly as a PNG or JPEG to upload directly to Pinterest.

You might also want to check the quality settings on your export - Canva lets you choose what quality % you want. If your images are blurry, you could move the bar up to 90 or even 100%. Not sure if that's a Pro only feature, but worth a try if you have it!

But based on the screenshot you've taken, they actually don't look that bad! I've seen lots on Pinterest that look the same and have decent engagement etc.

- Charlotte

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mead0640! Checking to see if the above posts were able to resolve your issue. Let us know. 🙂 P.S. Thank you both @typicallytopical and @abetterresume for chiming in. ❤️ 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos