cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant upload my Product Catalouge

Glosstorez
Just visiting

I have tried uploading .XML .CSV files but it says your file is not supported.

Then I downloaded template cvs file from pintrest and edited it withuot deleting catagories and it returned the error again

0 Kudos
4 Replies
thehalcyonhive
Loves to help

Hi @Glosstorez  - Welcome to PBC!

When you create your catalog and download it to your computer as a .CSV, where are you hosting it to get the download link?  I think that might be where your glitch is.  I ran into this same problem when first setting up my catalog. 

If you put the .CSV in your google drive or dropbox, then you have to create a direct download link from there.  Then that's the link you'll put on Pinterest. 

I shared the steps in this post:  https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/business-chat/uploading-data-source-for-catalog/m-p/15891#M3126

Good luck!

-Cali

2 Kudos
Glosstorez
Just visiting

Is it necessary that your csv file should be hosted where your website is hosted?

i.e on same google drive , OR same domain?

0 Kudos
thehalcyonhive
Loves to help

No, not necessarily.  I've hosted mine and some of my clients on Google Drive.  Then I discovered that I can actually host the .CSV on my Showit site so I use that now.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thehalcyonhive great tips, as usual!! @Glosstorez did this solution help? If so, let us know, or go ahead and mark 'Accept as solution' so other members can easily find these tips in the PBC. 🙂 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

1 Kudo