cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we bring back guided search please?

Highlighted
Loves to help

Hey PBC! 

Honestly not entirely sure why guided search was removed. It made the user experience and creator experience so much easier 😬

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice would product consider bringing it back? Or was there a specific reason as to why it was taken away as a feature?

I'm just not sure how users are supposed to 'know what to search for'. The beauty of Pinterest is going to the platform to be inspired and to find new ideas we wouldn't have thought of by ourselves. Removing guided search kind of gets rid of those 'ooh that's cool, I'll check that out' moments and instead leads to 'I need to know how to...'. It's like heading to google.

Also whilst trends are useful, they're often too high level. Creators need to be able to see the nitty gritty, granular keywords and detail guided search gave us.

Thanks! Hope that makes sense.

Charlotte

1 Kudo
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Charlotte! Really appreciate you taking the time to articulate exactly what it was you found useful about guided searches. These details are really helpful when we pass along feedback to teams. I am going to share this with them and see if there is any additional information we can gather to share out. 

1 Kudo
Highlighted
Loves to help

Awesome, thanks @PinterestJanice ! 

0 Kudos