cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see or edit descriptions on pins

suezart
Just visiting

I'm not sure how long I have had the issue.

It's really frustrating because I can't find any clear information about it. Is this the way it's now supposed to work? I hope someone from the company can give us an update. Another person I know doesn't have the issue so I'm really confused why it's not clear what's going on with it.

It would be great to know if it is an intentional change or if it's just a glitch that hasn't been looked into.

Is this issue only happening on business accounts?

0 Kudos
crochetgirl2
Just visiting

Definitely not happening only on business accounts, and not only on new accounts either. I post some of my Etsy listings on my personal Pinterest account that I've had since 2012. I'm seeing these glitches or "improvements" too.

0 Kudos
crochetgirl2
Just visiting

IT'S HAPPENING TO ME TOO!

And it's definitely not happening only on business accounts, or only on new accounts. I post some of my Etsy listings on my personal Pinterest account (my only account) that I've had since 2012. I'm seeing these glitches or "improvements" too.

Mostly I use Pinterest for my hobby; historical fashion. I used to be able to see what year a particular item was from at a glance because the title was always there. Now many titles are gone, you can't find the info if you click on the pin, and you can't edit it, either. On many pins, I'll attempt to edit the title (which shows up at first) and after a few seconds, boom! It's gone. 

This is ridiculous, Pinterest! I know you can do better! PLEASE PUT IT BACK!

0 Kudos
suezart
Just visiting

This is a follow-up to my comment the other day. I realize that I was working on my desktop computer, I went to the Pinterest iphone app.

Oddly enough it will allowed me to post a description or make edits on the description to the public as opposed to just a note to self on the phone.

Maybe the issue is only on desktop computers?

1 Kudo
annholly27

Oh, my gosh! Thank you Suezart! You figured out a solution!! Editing the description on my Android phone works!

Whoops. So far it hasn't synced with my desktop. Ann

0 Kudos