cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see or edit descriptions on pins

PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @peaceandwildstudio, and thank you for sharing this here. 

It is good that you found a workaround for the issue you were facing. 

I would like to add that created Pins can be edited, but saved Pins have limitations regarding editing possibilities. You can check this in this article.

Let me know if you need anything else, please!

😊 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
melondesign22
Just visiting

Hi,

This makes kind of sense, as anyone can 'pin' / 'share' a photo or post, so could Pinterest be restricting the editing function because the pinner / sharer might not own the original post? 

If so, I kind of understand, however, you should still be able to add your own description to let viewers know what they're looking at?

I currently have lots of pins that have been pinned from Etsy that are NOT editable, so I presume I need to delete them all and 'create' them from scratch in Pinterest?

This is going to take such a long time 🙈

.....it would be great if Pinterest could maybe add an option for when people pin / share from a website, (using an extension or clicking the P), they have an 'editable' option (for the original owner of that photo / post) And a 'standard' NON editable version for people who just share because they like an item.

There seems to have been so many changes over the last year, it's like starting from ground zero.

P.S. I'm using a business account and I sincerely hope this issue is ironed out ASAP.

Good luck everyone 🤞

@PinterestRenato 

0 Kudos
PinterestRenato
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @melondesign22!
Thank you for sharing your feedback here. This is very much appreciated!

Regarding your questions about the ETSY Pins, I understand the inconvenience this may be, but you're correct. This will enable you to edit them. 

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

0 Kudos
sarahb210

I think Pinterest could clarify the language in that article to indicate that “created” means added within the app and “saved” means added externally, not just from the web, but also from places like your phone’s photo library. I’d been in the habit of snapping and saving, until all my added descriptions turned into “notes to self.”

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Good feedback, @sarahb210! I passed this along to our team to review. 🙂 

0 Kudos