cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see or edit descriptions on pins

adrianscrazylif
Just visiting

I'm a Pinterest VA so I work with about 20 different Pinterest accounts.  It is amazing the variation I see between the different accounts - most of the versions I see are problematic or at least quite annoying.  Here is one that is really becoming a problem.  This is a brand new client and she has asked me to update the descriptions on her pins.  However, this is the pin format I am seeing on 4 or 5 different clients.  I'm not able to see or edit the link or the description fields.  I could maybe see it if it was a repin, but this is a direct pin of her own that I am editing in her own account.  We should be able to make corrections to the description and/or link.  

Is there a workaround for this?  When I pin them in Tailwind, I'm at least able to edit the description in there, but that doesn't fix the original pin, just the repin.  I've got more than 60 pins for this client and they all have very poorly written descriptions, so how can I fix them with the screen messed up like this?  

PS:  What is the point of the notes feature?  It's not particularly helpful, and it certainly isn't important enough to crowd out the higher priority description field.  Please help!  

adrianscrazylif_0-1596418015720.png

6 Kudos
34 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hi @adrianscrazylif . Thanks for joining the community and sharing this question here. While I'm not certain what the answer is I wanted to let you know I am looking into what might be the explanation behind this behavior. I'll keep you updated!

To those reading this topic, I would be curious if anyone else has experienced this?

1 Kudo
adrianscrazylif
Just visiting

Thank you @PinterestJanice  Yes, I'd love to know what the thinking is on this.  I'm wondering if they have a panel of business owners that they consult on changes like this to see what is helpful or harmful as far as the user experience goes.  Since VA's see a great variety of different account setups, we would be ideal to provide opinions on what is helpful and what isn't.  

Another question on a new "feature".  What is the point of the starting and ending dates on the boards?  I can't imagine why that particular feature is useful, yet it suddenly rolled out with no warning on all of our boards.  Did someone request this?  Is anyone using this?  It just seems like such a bizarre "feature" to roll out to ALL users when it might only benefit a handful of folks.  Even if something is seasonal, that season is going to roll around the next year and the next, so I am mystified unless it's something like a sale that only runs for a few weeks and Pinterest isn't the platform I would use for that type of marketing.  

Thanks!

Adrian

1 Kudo
olenkawallpaper

Hi @PinterestJanice,

I have exactly the same issue - unable to edit my own pin as it just doesn't give the option to edit link and title. 

Can you help please.

Thanks,

Olga

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@adrianscrazylif and @olenkawallpaper could you both please file a ticket [if you haven't already] about not being able to edit descriptions on Pins? This helps our team keep track of any potential issues. Thanks for reporting! 🙂 

Have you personalized your community profile yet?
Submit your Story Pin for a chance to be featured on the Today tab!

0 Kudos
mycontentconnection
Just visiting

I have this same issue. After uploading images from my Canva Pro account I don't see any way to edit the title or the website link.  Did this issue get resolved?

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 3.59.53 PM.png

1 Kudo
dadepfan

I have the same problem, but only with recent pins.  When I edit a pin that was added some time ago, all the fields are there to edit, including description, title, and the link.  Was this a change Pinterest made to their site recently??

Dave

Pinterest.jpg

2 Kudos
lovelyladybugs
Just visiting

I have the same issue. Even pinning something lately, whether new upload from my PC or pinning a YouTube video, I cannot edit right away and if I click "see your pin now" it kicks me out of Pinterest so I have to open the platform up again and edit another time.

Have a lovely day! ♥ Erica Robbin
Crafts, recipes, makeup, hair, fashion, inspiration, fitness, & travel.

https://ericarobbin.com
3 Kudos
Exit45Travels

I am having exactly the same issue. Is there a way to resolve this problem? Has anyone had any success?

4 Kudos
mykemetzger

Yep. Exactly the same issue here. What is going on?Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 11.58.07 AM.png

4 Kudos