cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer claim an Instagram account?

alisammeredith
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hello, community!

The option to claim and Instagram account is no longer available on the claim page of any of the accounts I manage. Is this just not a thing anymore?

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestDavid

Hi @alisammeredith!

I appreciate your assistance @bodymindmood and @michaelbliss!

What you're experiencing with the inability to claim your Instagram account is expected behavior. We're always trying out new things behind the scenes at Pinterest.

While we can't go back to the old format, we truly appreciate your feedback on your experience and will use it when making changes in the future.

You can always suggest any awesome ideas that you come up with on our Help Center. Many of the current features that you see are inspired by feedback from people who use Pinterest.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
12 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@alisammeredith I just checked out your screen shot yes, I am experiencing the same things on my computer but I just reconnected my Instagram with Pinterest on my iPhone and it works fine and the same thing for my Samsung.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone......😉

1 Kudo
alisammeredith
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you so much for testing, Lisa 🙂

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmoodThanks Lisa! I noticed the same on the web version, but I just checked my iPhone and Galaxy and it was there.

1 Kudo
PinterestDavid

Hi @alisammeredith!

I appreciate your assistance @bodymindmood and @michaelbliss!

What you're experiencing with the inability to claim your Instagram account is expected behavior. We're always trying out new things behind the scenes at Pinterest.

While we can't go back to the old format, we truly appreciate your feedback on your experience and will use it when making changes in the future.

You can always suggest any awesome ideas that you come up with on our Help Center. Many of the current features that you see are inspired by feedback from people who use Pinterest.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Did my response answer your question? Be sure to select "Accept as Solution" to help other community members on the PBC.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@PinterestDavid Hi there 

Thanks for your response.

Just as an added share - I don’t use Instagram a lot on the desktop so when I saw @alisammeredith  I actually wasn’t surprised but I was glad to see it functioning on iPhone & Android. There are some significant differences between Desktop Pinterest & the App versions of Pinterest especially with claimed accounts & idea|story pins hence why I use non desktop versions of Pinterest its just a better experience (speaking for myself).

Using Instagram with Pinterest has been a great experience and even @michaelbliss liked what I did sharing a pin from Pinterest to Instagram and have a big reach on Instagram with that pin 📌 .

Glad your here on the PBC.

Lisa

0 Kudos
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi! Following-up on this thread as we know other folks have had similar questions about claiming their Instagram accounts. 

The ability to claim your Instagram is not being supported at this time, as our team is in the process of making some changes to improve the experience. Please note that while the feature is no longer being worked on, it may still be visible in certain areas in the product. 

As @PinterestDavid mentioned, we truly appreciate everyone’s feedback on this and we will take these comments into consideration as our team works to better the experience. Stay tuned as we make updates to this feature in the future!

4 Kudos
kemchofoodies

Can you please tell me how to connect / claim instagram from Pinterest App?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@kemchofoodies hi there

Welcome!

Android | iPhone - I use both.

Open the Pinterest App

At the top of your profile click the 3 small dots

Choose Settings

Choose Account Settings

Choose Claimed Accounts

Choose Instagram - Login | Provide Permissions for Instagram

I hope this helps.

Lisa

0 Kudos
claudiamagueijo
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestJazmin ! Thanks for your explanation. It would be great if we can be able again to claim our Instagram account through Pinterest (desktop version).

1 Kudo