Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business support couldn't test the bug so stopped responding to my ticket

decorsmarketpin
Just visiting

[Pinterest for Business] Ticket: 315169

Featured Categories not showing up in "Shop" tab

I've set 8 featured categories in the catalogue, but there are only 4 showing up.

There are also some "blank" categories under the shown featured categories. Leaving a huge gap between the categories and product list.

https://www.pinterest.com.au/decorsmarketpin/_shop/

Also attached my Chrome screenshot.

After checking, the support staff sent me a picture showing the page looks perfectly fine at her end. So she asked me to change browser, clear cache, change computer, etc.

I did all of that again(I tried the usual methods before submitting a ticket), still the same result, the "Shop tab" still shows up wrong.

So I sent another screenshot in brand new install of ubuntu in a virtual machine, and all the error messages in the  "inspection" tab of Chrome. Then the support staff just stopped responding.

Now it's been 4 days since I last hear from pinterest. I don't blame the support staff for not solving the issue, the page definitely is ok in her browser.

But for me and my colleagues, we all see a buggy "Shop tab" with blank gaps and without a "see more" button, and random blank categories linking to blank categories.

I'm thinking maybe it's the pinterest.com.au, the server here is having issues so when she looks at the page, it's perfectly fine, but not at my end.

Since she stopped responding for no reason, I have to post it here and ask for help.

1 Kudo
4 Replies
realsouthamericafit
Loves to help

@decorsmarketpin Hi glad you made it to the community.

I read your post and I am sorry you are having such a hard time.

I see your using Firefox, although Firefox is a great browser I have a sinking suspicion that the problem might be with the browser and not Pinterest. 

I use Firefox for different things but there are certain apps that I have encountered problems with when using this browser.....sorry to say. 

Have you tried using a different browser Chrome | Safari & have you checked Pinterest on Mobile? Are you having the same issues on Pinterest Mobile both in the Pinterest App and the browsers on Mobile?

Let me know.

Lisa

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: southamerica.fit Thanks Lisa!
0 Kudos
decorsmarketpin
Just visiting

Thanks for the reply but you apparently haven't read the whole post or didn't check the attached screenshots. All major browsers: Chrome, Firefox, and MS Edge return the same render result.

I've tried with different OS, Browser, in different countries: China and Australia, in Melbourne and in Sydney with different PCs and Macs, but the problem still remains.

And the problem happens not only to my shop tab, it happends to ALL OF THE PROFILES WITH A SHOP TAB.

LEGO.png

My guess is that the CDN server in Australia is not updated, because it was running fine several month ago.

But now the shop tab and the corresponding features in the Catalogue are broken, and it's been broken for some time now.

This is a major bug, and no one from pinterest is taking it seriously.

1 Kudo
realsouthamericafit
Loves to help

@decorsmarketpin 

Hi there, I actually did read your post and looked at what you attached and I see that everything looks fine as Pinterest said - I am currently in South America and live in the US with my husband so I am not sitting in San Francisco while I write this.

When I checked your profile which is .au I had to login and it showed up fine. 

I think you answered your own question:

"I'm thinking maybe it's the pinterest.com.au, the server here is having issues so when she looks at the page, it's perfectly fine, but not at my end."

Clearly, this is a tech issue that only Pinterest would be able to resolve.

From my experience with Pinterest they will more than likely ask you to file another ticket its not an answer you want but this would definitely be something that Pinterest would have to help you with - no other PBC Contributor would be able to dig into this.

I am sure your very frustrated try to be patient and reach to Pinterest again to see how they can help you.

I hope you have a great day Lisa.

Please Follow Me On Pinterest: southamerica.fit Thanks Lisa!
1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Posts regularly

@decorsmarketpin  I would echo what @realsouthamericafit mentioned and file a new ticket asking that they would elevate it to a 3rd tier support. The cache infrastructure Pinterest employs is complex and can have an occasional hiccup here and there. I do know the engineering team has a blog, I can't find a link at the moment, but maybe you could also reach out there for some ideas. My experience with support is positive and my best guess is they will definitely look into this once you file another support ticket. I know filing multiple tickets may not be the ideal way to see this resolved but it could speed things up somewhat.

1 Kudo