Amazon links not working on idea pins

SimplyfoodbyGem
Just visiting

I'm hoping someone can help please. When making idea pins I cannot get my Amazon links to work from the sticker section add link, its comes up with "sorry this site doesn't let you save ideas to pinterest" I have no idea whats wrong. Is there something i need to set up on pinterest?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@SimplyfoodbyGem bummer. I was thinking it could also be due to your location but based on this FAQ page, you should be good in the UK. 

I think you need to fill out a ticket to have Pinterest look into the issue at this point. 

Good luck! 

-Tabby

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey there @SimplyfoodbyGem! Welcome to the PBC!

Are you selecting the "use a link" option instead of "search pins" option? 

IMG_5433.jpg

And are you linking to a specific product rather than your storefront page? 

Another troubleshooting thought would be to make sure your app is updated. 

Hope that helps! 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
SimplyfoodbyGem
Just visiting

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes I’m using the use link, this is the error I’m getting. 

I’m using a specific link to a product and the app is up to date, I’ve also tried the link generated off the web to see it that helped but same error. I’ve tried multiple links but nothing works. 🙈

5FBBF5F4-6630-4EEC-85D6-263FEA45250A.jpeg

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@SimplyfoodbyGem bummer. I was thinking it could also be due to your location but based on this FAQ page, you should be good in the UK. 

I think you need to fill out a ticket to have Pinterest look into the issue at this point. 

Good luck! 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
monacorona
Posts regularly

Hi! Was this ever resolved for you? I'm having the same issue. 

1 Kudo
vendelabusbee

Yes I’m having the same problem!

1 Kudo
corriellington
Posts regularly

@SimplyfoodbyGem 🙋‍♀️I can help!

First off I have to say that I have solved this issue on my end through MANY hours of frustrating trial and error and lots of discussion and help through the Amazon support chat. 🤣

Amazon Associates was recently integrated into idea pins back in October (see last paragraph in this article).

In order for your Amazon associate links to work properly and NOT get that red lettered “sorry” error, you have to create your Amazon links through the Amazon app’s Get link feature ONLY.

1. Make sure you are logged into your Amazon associates account in the Amazon app.

2. Go to the product you would like to tag. 

3. Click on the arrow ‘share’ button that is in the top right corner of that product’s image. 

4. Click the yellow ‘Copy Associates Link” button when it pops up. 

Hope this helps! 💖

-Corrie

Follow Me on Pinterest! ❤️ 

37F8680A-A6BB-4496-ACED-0454DEAA9F62.jpeg

628C8D27-BED2-4B3B-90F5-22CB110827D8.jpeg

Please follow me on Pinterest ❤
0 Kudos