Amazon Affiliate Links in Idea Pins

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

I've tested several Idea Pins using Amazon Affiliate links, but I've seen ZERO click-throughs, much less sales. 

I created a specific tracking id just for associate links created for Idea Pins to track clicks and sales specifically from Pinterest.

The mobile app always creates the shortened link. Is this an issue? Does Pinterest require the longer, un-shortened, link to maintain the affiliate credit back to Amazon?

And is anyone else seeing success getting clicks through Amazon Affiliate links on Idea Pins?

Thanks!

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
2 Kudos
5 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@healthyambitionsteam Following to hear what others are saying. Also really looking forward to when Pinterest adds the click-through number on Idea Pins. 

-Tabby

3 Kudos
alisammeredith
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm not seeing anything, and it's easy for me to tell because I'm not using Amazon affiliate links anywhere else 🙂 . Then again, this is for a new account, so I didn't expect a lot. I was HOPING though. Ha.

3 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@simplepinmedia and @alisammeredith I finally started seeing some click throughs and sales on Amazon Affiliate links on Idea Pins!! 

It's not much compared to the Amazon sales I get through my blog or YouTube channel, but it's a start!

I definitely recommend setting up a separate tracking ID for affiliate links you create for Pinterest so it's easy to track.

If you enjoy yummy Keto Recipes visit my Pinterest page: Healthy Ambitions Thanks, Cathy
2 Kudos
alisammeredith
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

That's great to hear, Cathy! 

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Nice! Good to know. Thanks @healthyambitionsteam !

-Tabby

1 Kudo