cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add product pins to Home Feed? Or add Product Groups to Boards?

decorsmarketpin
Just visiting

I'm new to this so my apologies if these are dumb questions.

Is there a way to make Product Pins into normal pins? Or add Product Groups to Boards? Coz I need to show product pins on my Home Feed. 

After submitting my product feed file to the catalogue, I can see my "All Pins" board has 6K+ pins (i have a lot of products i know). But when I click on this board, I can see only manually created pins (around 55 of them).

So, do I have to manually create all my products into pins? Is there a way to turn product pins into a normal pin and show them on my home feed?

Also, I've already made some product categories, is there a way to turn these into boards?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
simplepinmedia
Loves to help

Hi @decorsmarketpin 

I'm mostly just joining in this conversation to see what advice the moderators give you. 

I *believe you don't need to worry about getting your product pins into a certain board. They should be added to the "shop" tab and that's sufficient. 

Would this be a question for you @PinterestBrad@PinterestGabby?

-Tabby

-Simple Pin Media
simplepinmedia.com
0 Kudos
PinterestBrad

Your product feed will allow the Pinterest account to automatically create pins eligible to show on free or paid shopping surfaces and on the Shop tab of your profile. If you'd like pins for these products to appear within the boards of your profile, then you will need to manually and separately create those pins.

If my reply helped you please mark it as the "Accepted Solution". Need help with an account specific VMP question? Reach out to the VMP team today!
2 Kudos
decorsmarketpin
Just visiting

Hi @simplepinmedia @PinterestBrad 

It's weired, I've been seeing other pinterest accounts with a "shop tab", but I don't have one.

Is it because I'm using pinterest.com.au?

My business is in Australia.

0 Kudos
PinterestBrad

So, as long as you have an active feed with approved products, then you should be eligible to show a Shop Tab on your profile.

Shop Tab is controlled by the feed and the featured Product Groups that can be created in your Catalog section of your account. You'll always want to be sure that All Products group is one of the featured groups selected so that all of your active products can show on the shop tab.

Create Product Group

Feature Product Groups on your Shop Tab

@decorsmarketpin - I checked your public profile and see that you have 3 featured product groups showing at the top and then many products showing below that would be the full list of products from your feed eligible to show to Pinners.

If my reply helped you please mark it as the "Accepted Solution". Need help with an account specific VMP question? Reach out to the VMP team today!
0 Kudos
decorsmarketpin
Just visiting

Thank you, it worked by just switching the feed to "active".

I thought the pause/active switch was only responsible for feed fetching, so I paused my feed because there would be no changes to the catalogue for a while. Turns out the switch is also responsible for turning on/off the "shop tab."

Thank you for all your help. @simplepinmedia @PinterestBrad  

1 Kudo
PinterestBrad

Absolutely. You always want to keep the feed set to active if you plan to show products from the feed on Pinterest. There's no issue if the feed hasn't changed between the daily fetch, but it will ensure your products are eligible to appear and appear with the most updated information!

Glad that worked!!

0 Kudos