cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Seemingly Flagged with No Help from Support

populardoodle
Just visiting

Around March 9-11, impressions for essentially every single pin directed to my website dropped drastically.  Traffic went from roughly 500-700 outbound clicks/day to 100-150 overnight.  To be clear, this isn't just one viral pin, this is almost all of my pins.  This is not a steady decline and isn't related to seasonality.

At this time, all my normal pins were still ranking for many terms, but traffic dropped off a cliff anyway.  Seemed like I was hit with some sort of penalty.  I reached out to customer support within a few days and STILL haven't heard anything back in the roughly 3 weeks since.

I thought that was frustrating, but it got worse.  On March 23, my account suddenly took another hit going from 100-150 outbound clicks/day to 0-20.  All my pins disappeared from search results.  Since Pinterest support has been completely silent, I tried to troubleshoot this issue myself and do what some others have recommended...unclaiming and then reclaiming my domain name.  While Pinterest let me unclaim it successfully, it never lets me reclaim it.

The evidence clearly suggests Pinterest has put some sort of flag on my account.  I'm at a loss as to what to do because Pinterest support has been silent and my attempts to troubleshoot it myself haven't worked either.

Since my first day on Pinterest, I've only ever published quality, fresh, unique content. I've never published a duplicate pin and have always abided by every rule and best practice I'm aware of. I'm extremely confused and distraught by what appears to be a penalty or "shadow ban."

This may just be a blip on the Pinterest radar, but this is a major blow to my website and very discouraging to see after many months of effort. I'd greatly appreciate any assistance you can offer.

2 Kudos
3 Replies
thetoybuzz
Posts regularly

While the dates are different, the same thing happened on my account. I have been unable to reach support for 3 weeks as well. This has happened before on my account but support can only check if your account has been marked spam.  Other than that, there is little they can do.

This happened to my account last year too but traffic returned for 1-2 months late in the year and then it disappeared overnight in early March from 800-1000 outbound clicks to 20. Like you there was 2 dips. One dropped it to around 100 outbound clicks and the next one finished off all my traffic. On my account fresh pins go nowhere.

I also tried unclaiming and reclaiming my site. What do you mean it doesn't let you reclaim it? Does it give you an error message. I remember I had a problem too but I managed to unclaim and reclaim.

Pinterest offers very little direction other than to post more fresh pins.  

1 Kudo
populardoodle
Just visiting

From what i've heard in the groups of content creators I'm in, this is a pretty regular occurrence with many reputable, established accounts somehow getting automatically flagged at various points.  It seems like a tossup whether they eventually recover in a few months like you did last time or if they're stuck forever.

The one consistent from all the stories is either the lack of a response from Pinterest support or a simple copy and paste response about fresh pins.

When I tried to reclaim the domain, it always gave me a success message saying it's in review and I'll be notified by email within an hour...but that email never comes.  I actually got lucky yesterday and Pinterest support responded to my request and claimed it on their backend.  However, they didn't mention anything else about the original problem besides that they forwarded the message to another department...the same line that has been used the past few times only to never hear back.

1 Kudo
populardoodle
Just visiting

Update: Another two weeks have past with no response from Pinterest support despite multiple followups.

@PinterestGabby@PinterestRenato, etc. any advice or suggestions?

1 Kudo