Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A STRANGE Stolen Pin & At My Wits End with Pinterest Support

Highlighted
Just visiting
Labels (2)

Hi Everyone,

I don't know where else to go and I know this is a specific issue, but I continually receive support emails that:

1. DO NOT Address my questions

2. Only give "canned" responses

... And once, support just randomly closed my ticket despite not answering my questions.

I emailed support on June 1st. I have sent 6 emails. I have specifically numbered the questions I have... How hard is it to answer specific questions?? I just got back another "canned" response!

Last resort, I'm asking the community for insight and thoughts on how to deal with it.

Here's the issue:
I found a stolen pin (BTW: I'm very familiar with how to deal with stolen pins and report them daily). BUT, this stolen pin has a URL that redirects THREE times. The link goes to the first url, which redirects to another url and THEN it actually redirects to MY website. Pinterest has blocked the ability to click on this pin stating it is blocked because it could lead to "inappropriate content"

Here are my questions:
1. When I complete the DMCA on this pin, IF I put a "strike" will it strike the user who apparently uploaded this pin and added the strange re-directs? Or because it eventually does redirect to my website, will the "strike" go against ME/My Account?

2. Because this pin is marked by Pinterest as some sort of spam, do you think this means my account is being marked as spam? Because I'm definitely in the group of content creators that is having tons of trouble with Pinterest not showing "fresh" pins to anyone. (If you are unaware, there are tons of people talking in Facebook groups about how Pinterest has marked legit accounts as "low quality").

3. The very first support email back to me said that I have a strike against me and stated if I submit a rebuttal, it might solve the whole issue. The email provided a link to the strike against me, which goes to [link removed]- BUT I CAN NOT LOGIN. I've repeatedly asked for assistance to login and NONE of the responses from Pinterest support have even acknowledged that I have asked for help with this. Anyone know how to get into this system??

Thanks for your insight!

1 Kudo
15 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @troprockin ! First, welcome to the community. I'm glad you found us and took the time to share in detail the trials you've experienced recently. Your post contains a few different questions so I'll list them out below and share how we're going to move forward. 

1) A strike (if one is issued) would go against the account that caused the infraction - not the end destination the Pin resolves to. 

Questions 2 and 3 are more complex and require the access our support teams have to resolve. While the Business Community is not a staffed support channel I can provide you with links that go directly to the teams that handle those specific issues. You want this form for #2. And this form for #3. I know asking you to submit more tickets sounds unhelpful but these questions are account specific and thus it's necessary they are handled by our support teams.

Also, the link you posted in #3 is not a link you will be able to access. I can't say for certain but I am assuming this link was shared in error. 

Keep us updated, please. We do keep an eye on the issues you all are experiencing and so everything we can (where possible) keep them moving towards a resolution. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Oh my gosh...  You should do training for the support team.

I've continually asked in my emails for support to number their responses to my questions - and you did it inherently, as any good support person would do! Thank you for just that!! Even more so for actually providing solutions.

1. Yea! I can finally file the DMCA on this matter as I know which account the "strike" will apply to.

2. Uggh... ok... new form, but at least it's progress.

3. I thought that link seemed really odd. I also do not understand how I was not informed of a DMCA/Strike but figured I missed the email due to the number of emails I already get from the DMCA process.... yet, that is the link the supposed "next level" of support provided me.

I'll fill out the new forms and I'll update with my progress.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Nice... I submitted the form regarding the strike against me and this is what I got back:

Unable to process this submission. Please contact the site administrator.

REALLY? Why is it so impossible to get a hold of someone at Pinterest!?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @troprockin -- yikes, sorry you're getting an error message! Can you send a screenshot so we can diagnose? Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Let me try again... I gave up last Thursday. This has become intolerable.

I did file the DMCA on the pin that was doing all the re-directs and was marked as spam. It has been deleted.

I did respond last Thursday to the latest "canned" message from support as well and (to no one's surprise) I haven't heard back from them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Here's the screen shot. I tried from a browser that does have an ad blocker, so I tried it again from a browser that is completely clean - it has absolutely no plugins/aps/blockers or anything. Still get the same error.  I will send my message to the email address shown on the error screen.

So frustrating. pinterest help error.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmm... just to confirm, are you using this link for the appeals form? And that's the error message you're getting? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

Close... I'm using the link above that says "And this form for #3" which has the "en" in the url for "english"

The error occurs at the end. So, first part of form is asking: name, user name and email address. Then there is a button to go to the next part of the form. This is where I explain the issue. Then there is another button, which I click and the form asks if this all looks correct and then I hit that button to submit and I get the error.

Here is the original link in the above message from PinterestJanice:

https://help.pinterest.com/en/contact?current_page=about_you_page&appeals=rejection_appeal

Here is the link you provided (sans "en")

https://help.pinterest.com/contact?current_page=about_you_page&appeals=rejection_appeal

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just visiting

As instructed by the error message for the form not working, I emailed the listed email (seen in the screen shot) and it is an AUTOMATED MESSAGE responder that says "try refreshing your screen" and if there is still an issue, respond to this automated message.

NOW I HAVE TO WORK WITH HELP DESK ON THE FORM NOT WORKING?????

PLEASE, please, please, someone just help me!!!! 3 weeks of this insanity.

Support person "Carl" said I have a DMCA against me. AFTER 7 EMAILS, 2 BROKEN FORM SUBMITTALS AND 3 WEEKS HAVE GONE BY I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE DMCA AGAINST ME IS ABOUT. Yes, I'm to the point of yelling.

I RESPONDED TO CARL A WEEK AGO TODAY AND HE HAS NOT RESPONDED TO MY EMAIL. SOMEONE JUST TELL ME WHAT THE DMCA AGAINST ME IS SO I CAN DO A REBUTTAL!

This is completely outrageous, out of control and beyond insanity.

0 Kudos