Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Why can I only add auto-generated product groups to Spotlight on my Shop?

blackwagon
Just visiting

Am new to the platform.  Taking over from a previous person. 

We interface our Shopify store and I want our Shopify Collection product groups to be linked to Spotlight area of our shop.  However, when I go to edit it, it only presents the auto-generated groups. 

When I go to our Catalog, it does show both auto-generated and Shopify collection product groups.
I have all the Shopify product groups 'starred'.

Am just trying to figure out one thing at a time.  It's all pretty over-whelming at first.

Any help, suggestions are welcome.  I have spent a few days mulling through tons of documentation, but none that really ties how Pinterest works with the Shopify data.

Thanks!

1 Kudo
1 Reply
PinterestIvania

Hi @blackwagon and welcome to the Community. I would love to help you out with this!

The Shopify Collection product groups will also appear in the shop editing UI. Even though they were not created by Pinterest, they will also show as auto-created. So I would recommend finding them by their names rather than the creation. 

You can also add manually created product groups by clicking the "Select product groups" button on the Spotlight edit modal and scrolling all the way down.

Let me know if there’s something else I can help you with!

0 Kudos