Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Verified Merchant Program domain age requirement changed

huntercreekcrafts
Just visiting

It appears that Pinterest has changed the domain age requirement to 13 months and is pulling VMP status from accounts that previously had it but do not meet the new requirement. I'm very disappointed that they are applying this retroactively and not grandfathering accounts that had previously obtained VMP.

3 Kudos
6 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@huntercreekcrafts 

I replied to your other post.

You may want to consider filing a ticket with Pinterest Support

I know its not ideal, you may find that they may be able to help you with this issue.

If you do file a ticket please come back and share the outcome - sometimes it can help other community members.

Lisa

0 Kudos
starphase_streetwear
Just visiting

I have the same issue. Our domain will be 13 months old on April 27, 2023, and our business was verified on August 29, 2022. It's really strange to drop VMP status for 1.5 months. The support team informed me that we had changed the VMP criteria after I contacted them. I believe that new merchants should be subject to the updated policy, not merchants who have already been vetted. Please address that issue. Thanks! @bodymindmood @PinterestJazmin

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@starphase_streetwear 

Hi, glad you made it to the PBC!

I agree with you; if your domain is older than nine months, according to what I have read in the Merchant Guidelines (Updated), you should have status. I am unclear why you have lost status if your domain is already more than nine months old. @PinterestJazmin @PinterestSupport 

• Have poor editorial content, including:
    • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
    • Fuzzy or grainy images
    • Broken links or incomplete pages
  • Have unoriginal content, including:
    • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
    • Stock images
  • Have domain age less than 9 months
  • Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
  • Force users to register to view the products
  • Are unsafe or deceptive

I have tagged a Pinterest Manager + Pinterest Support because your domain is over nine months old.

I hope this will help.

Lisa

1 Kudo
starphase_streetwear
Just visiting

Thank you so much for your support. @bodymindmood 

1 Kudo
hdmakes
Just visiting

I've just had the exact same issue. Was notified last night my status is being withdrawn. I've raised a support ticket to query it and this was the response I got:

'I know that this situation can be frustrating and I'm sorry for this limitation. Unfortunately, as it is a requirement, domains that do not comply with it cannot be part of the VMP. 

I understand this is not the answer you were expecting, and I apologize for this inconvenience.'

So it seems there are no exceptions. I'm incredibly disappointed and frustrated as Pinterest drives a lot of my sales. It's like another kick in the teeth as a small business. Let me know if anyone manages to have any success with a support ticket. 

1 Kudo
huntercreekcrafts
Just visiting

My next step is to blast them on Twitter. 

0 Kudos