Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Merchant catalog rejection

andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foxfacedesign 

I understand your rant and the reasoning behind it entirely. 

Pinterest did make some recent changes to the workflow and documentation for installing your tags. These changes, I believe, create a more optimized and streamlined process.

Below you'll find detailed instructions on how to access this information for your own tags.

andrealidesigns_0-1662513595719.jpeg

andrealidesigns_1-1662513595708.jpeg

andrealidesigns_2-1662513595688.jpeg

andrealidesigns_3-1662513595693.jpeg

andrealidesigns_4-1662513595741.jpeg

andrealidesigns_5-1662513595701.jpeg

andrealidesigns_6-1662513595678.jpeg

andrealidesigns_7-1662513595729.jpeg

andrealidesigns_8-1662513595680.jpeg

andrealidesigns_9-1662513595799.jpeg

Here are some additional links to Pinterest developer documentation - 

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/install-the-base-code

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/install-the-pinterest-tag

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/verify-the-pinterest-tag

You should be good to go either install your tags manually or by using Google Tag Manager.

Also, Pinterest just released a new shopping API which means to automate both catalog uploads and tags. It's in beta and hopes to roll out widely next year. If anything, know that Pinterest is working to rectify how difficult the process is for merchants.

I sincerely hope this provides a new perspective on your approach to your persistent issue. 🤓📌

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foxfacedesign 

I appreciate your kind words in regard to my responsiveness.

I think you should try the catalog converter tool I made to address the formatting issues of your CSV. It was built to create the exact fields and attributes required by Pinterest. Simply upload the CSV you download from your Squarespace site. The tool will reformat it into a new CSV file that matches Pinterests' requirements. 

http://www.kx1.us/pincat/

As for your other inquiries, I'm not sure about the intricacies of tag installation on Squarespace 7.1. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to tag you here.

Good luck. I realize how frustrating this process is for you since I had to endure the same for myself. Hopefully, you have enough info to keep moving forward for now. 

Fingers crossed that the new shopping API will help streamline this in the future for all merchants not just Shopify users. 🤓📌

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
5 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@andrealidesigns 

Hi there

Again, thank you for providing such a detailed response to this post - I knew that @foxfacedesign need some help with this and help you did thank you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
foxfacedesign
Just visiting

Thanks so much for all the help, @andrealidesigns 

I guess I hadn't noticed this option when I first set everything up. It gives me code samples I can start with that include the option for line items. I still have a lot of questions though that aren't fully answered in the documentation you linked or anything else I found.

Do I need to list all of my products and their variants as separate line items within the line_items array for each event that requires product_id? With all of the variants I have, that would be over 2000 items into at least 3 separate events. I'm sure I can figure out a way to parse the data into some sort of code format from my data feed CSV. But it would be time consuming, so I want to make sure that's what I'm supposed to do before I start.

The required attributes for value and order_quantity appear above the line_items array in the code with sample values in the sample code (i.e. value: 100,). But these values would be variable, depending on what the user puts in their cart and/or purchases. Is there a way to make the code get that data dynamically?

I'm using Squarespace 7.1. Given that I don't have access to Developer Mode, will there be problems if I put Add To Cart in my <head> tag, since it'll appear on every page?

Is the IMG tag a good thing to include, where does it go, and how do I make the data it requires from variable attributes dynamic?

Is the didInit callback function a good thing to include, and should I include it in every event?

Again, I know this is a lot to ask of you. If you don’t have the time or don’t know how to answer my questions, that’s totally fine. You’ve been the most responsive person in this process so far, so thank you again.

1 Kudo
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foxfacedesign 

I appreciate your kind words in regard to my responsiveness.

I think you should try the catalog converter tool I made to address the formatting issues of your CSV. It was built to create the exact fields and attributes required by Pinterest. Simply upload the CSV you download from your Squarespace site. The tool will reformat it into a new CSV file that matches Pinterests' requirements. 

http://www.kx1.us/pincat/

As for your other inquiries, I'm not sure about the intricacies of tag installation on Squarespace 7.1. If I think of anything, I'll be sure to tag you here.

Good luck. I realize how frustrating this process is for you since I had to endure the same for myself. Hopefully, you have enough info to keep moving forward for now. 

Fingers crossed that the new shopping API will help streamline this in the future for all merchants not just Shopify users. 🤓📌

2 Kudos
foxfacedesign
Just visiting

UPDATE: I finally got my catalog approved!

It looks like I still have to get my tags sorted out, so I can get approved for the Verified Merchant program, before the shop actually shows up. But it's a step in the right direction.

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@foxfacedesign @andrealidesigns 

I am really happy for you and good luck on VM Program!

@andrealidesigns Thanks so much I love that you were able to provide so much great information.

Lisa

2 Kudos