Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest tech support ignores - Merchant Rejected

decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

Please help! Pinterest support refuses to help me and I can't resolve the catalog issue. I don't know where to turn, I'm desperate. I successfully cooperated with pinterest for more than six months, my store on the shopify platform was approved and there were no problems. Then one day my catalog was rejected without explanation! I wrote about 10 emails asking to reconsider the problem, trying to explain that it was a technical error, but Pinterest support responds to me with automatically generated emails that cannot help. I also tried to find out what I need to fix on the site, but did not receive any clarifications. I ask please help me, contact me, I want to talk to a live person and hear about the problems on the site! It is very important for me.

1 Kudo
18 Replies
decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

This is the answer I got for ALL of my requests! This really drives me crazy and I need a psychotherapist. How can I fix a problem if Pinterest can't name it?

decoraestheticroom_1-1668003647673.png

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

Hi there

I read your post and I am sorry you're having so much difficulty with catalogs.

I am linking to a blog post written by another Pinterest Pioneer @andrealidesigns - in it, Andrea touches on troubleshooting catalog issues How To Get Started As A Product Seller On Pinterest

I am hoping this will help you - Please let us know if this was helpful and how Pinterest responded to you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

Unfortunately, this won’t help me, I studied the rules from beginning to end, I completely wrote out each rule to Pinterest support and provided links to my site as evidence that these rules were followed, I offered to send all documents on the registration of my business by mail, no NO feedback from pinterest, all my messages end with a letter that I attached to the post

1 Kudo
decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

I want to call the management of pinterest to account!
I created a topic on REDDIT https://www.reddit.com/r/Pinterest/comments/yql0vy/public_company_vs_pinterest/
I need JUSTICE
Help me! Otherwise, it can happen to anyone and no one from Pinterest technical support will be responsible for this!

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

Hi, there okay so I read your response.

I took a look at your site and the most glaring issue I see is that you have an Affiliate Program that is prohibited by Pinterest - You would be in violation of the Guidelines my suggestion would be to remove the Affiliate Program full stop I believe you have 30 Days from the time you are notified.

I have pasted a portion of the guidelines for your review below + I have added a photo of your site and highlighted it lastly, I have linked the Merchant Guidelines so that you can review them in full. I recognize that you are upset but here in the PBC, we do not have the capability to contact Pinterest Support or the VMP Team.

Merchants must meet the following criteria:

• Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
  • Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.
  • Merchants must not be wholesale retailers.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear shipping policy that displays expected shipping time.
  • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear return policy, that displays whether the merchant accepts returns, the process and time expectations for returns (if applicable), and contact information.
  • The merchant must have a dedicated “about us” page detailing their business offering or relevant social media links.
  • Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:
    • Have poor editorial content, including:
      • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
      • Fuzzy or grainy images
      • Broken links or incomplete pages
    • Have unoriginal content, including:
      • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
      • Stock images
    • Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
    • Force users to register to view the products
    • Are unsafe or deceptive
    • Have multiple ads or pop-ups
    • Have pop-ups you cannot close
    • Have out of date content or out-of-stock products

Your WebsiteYour Website

I hope this helps you if you need anything further please come back to the PBC.

Lisa

2 Kudos
decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

Hmm, I thought they are meant that I can't add a catalog for example with amazon partner products. My affiliate program is an affiliate program for other people to advertise my products for a commission. But perhaps they could consider this as a violation, I will try to remove it and write to technical support again. But unfortunately I have no hope.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

I would fix the issue and wait for 24 hrs to see whether your suspension is removed before writing to Pinterest Support.

Please Note:

1. Meet our Merchant guidelines

When you upload your catalog to Pinterest, we’ll review your website and products to make sure that you’re meeting our Merchant guidelines. If you do not meet these guidelines, you will be notified within the Verified Merchant Program application page. This means that your product Pins from your catalog will not be published on Pinterest and you will not be able to promote those products. You can appeal this decision from the Verified Merchant Program application page

Lisa

3 Kudos
andrealidesigns
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@bodymindmood Thanks for all your detailed responses! These are great, and I think you identified the issue! 

@decoraestheticroom Please let us know if this resolves your issue. 🤓📌

2 Kudos
SensualSinsations
Just visiting

I am going through the exact same thing and am getting the exact same responses. I've been verified this entire year, then last month the revoked my verified status. They sadly my products violate their prohibited products policies. None of my products violate their policies, amy that they may consider a violation are not part of my catalog. They won't help at all. I've lost tons of sales that I typically get from the platform. What is more upsetting is that I see tons of stores that sell word removed per Community Guidelines like I do and they have so many pins that are in clear violation, yet they are still verified. I feel like I'm going crazy too. I hope you get through it soon! 

2 Kudos