Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Our merchant program has also been a year old and has now been cancelled as well

TOLOER_OFFICIAL
Just visiting

@bodymindmood 

Hi,Lisa.

my merchant program has also been a year and a half and has now been canceled as well. Like everyone else, our reason for showing rejection is "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements."

We noticed that you helped a lot of other merchants check out the site, thank you for helping us.
Could you please also help us check the website to see where there may be problems with my website?

Thanks for your help and look forward to your reply.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@motionstamp 

Hi Jo

No problem, and honestly I hear you on isolation it can be a challenge and with the VMP it can be difficult to understand what exactly Pinterest wants or doesn't want.

I will keep you posted on the new updates and please do let me know how you make out - as I have mentioned to other merchants I surmise what I think could be the issue and I never promise or guarantee a favorable result. Sometimes, it's down to how the guidelines apply to your business and website.

Lisa

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@TOLOER_OFFICIAL 

Hi and Welcome to the PBC!

I will absolutely have a look at your site and I will write back.

Lisa

0 Kudos
motionstamp
Just visiting

Hi Lisa, 
Hope you are well. At the risk of inundating you with support requests. My situation is exactly the same as Toloer.com 

Was a verified merchant via Shopify for over a year. Then all of a sudden, I receive the "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements." I have gone through the guidelines and my website with a fine tooth comb and cannot work out for the life of me what I have done wrong. I have 1 appeal left and Pinterest help has not gotten back to me. 

If you happen to have a moment, I would deeply appreciate your advice. Or even where to turn next. 
Thanks for your time. 
Jo. 
https://motionstamp.com

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@motionstamp 

Hi Jo:

Hope you're doing well. I read your post and I'm sorry you're having difficulty. I will take a look at your site. Please note I can look and make suggestions but I can't guarantee that your status will resume those decisions lie directly with the VMP Team at Pinterest. Sometimes, however it's possible to find and resolve the issue.

I would ask you to not file your last appeal until you know what the issue is - you have 30 days to fix any issue that you are notified about from Pinterest. I would also suggest to you as I have to others to make any necessary changes to your website et al. and then wait for 24 hrs to allow Pinterest to do its daily sync if the issue is resolved its to my understanding that you would automatically be re-enrolled in the program without having to file an appeal. Below is a piece I have copied and pasted for you.

Reasons for suspension from the program

There are two main reasons for VMP suspension: issues with catalog uploads and malfunctioning tags. If your catalog was not uploaded correctly or your tag is not functioning correctly, you’ll be alerted on the Verified Merchant Program application page, your business hub as well as via email. Once alerted, you’ll have 30 days to fix your catalog or tag. If your catalog or tag are not fixed in 30 days, you may be suspended from the program. If you resolve the issue after being suspended, you will be automatically re-enrolled in the program.

*Please also note that the current Merchant Guidelines are being updated so there will be new requirements, information et al. I have linked to the current Merchant | Advertising Guidelines for your reference.

Merchant Guidelines

Advertising Guidelines

I will have a look at your site and see if there is anything I can share with you.

Lisa

1 Kudo
motionstamp
Just visiting

Lisa thank-you so much for your time and advice. 
I very much appreciate it. 

Your suggestions about the video could in fact be the issue. The video banner I have had for quite some time. However the auto-playing video underneath it is a new addition. I have disabled both on the website and will see if this changes anything in the next 24 hour sync from my Shopify store with Pinterest. 

Thank-you again, it is always hard working in isolation on a business, so to having support from people as yourself makes a world of difference!

I'll let you know how it goes. 
Best Wishes
Jo

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@motionstamp 

Hi Jo

No problem, and honestly I hear you on isolation it can be a challenge and with the VMP it can be difficult to understand what exactly Pinterest wants or doesn't want.

I will keep you posted on the new updates and please do let me know how you make out - as I have mentioned to other merchants I surmise what I think could be the issue and I never promise or guarantee a favorable result. Sometimes, it's down to how the guidelines apply to your business and website.

Lisa

1 Kudo
shopdartyshoes

Hello, we have exactly the same problem. If you can take a look at our website and give us some tips on how to fix the problem, it will help us a lot. Thank you!

https://dartyshoes.com

1 Kudo
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Dear Motionstamp, 

I can see that the merchant status has been reinstated on your account. I would be more than happy if you guide us.

0 Kudos