Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant Guidelines Violation

anotherwayboutique
Just visiting

Hello! I received an email today that said they couldn’t approve me as a merchant on Pinterest due to 

Merchant's domain age does not meet minimum requirement

Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements  

I have had my personal Pinterest for years but I just opened my business account to be able to utilize it for my business. I have had my business for 8 months and have just recently switched to shopify. Can someone help me please?

3 Kudos
7 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@anotherwayboutique 

Hi welcome to the PBC!

I read your post and I definitely get your frustration with this.

To be honest this is the first time I have ever seen and issue with Domain Age and on the point I would suggest looking at any areas on you website | Shopify that require birthdates | or any other age related information its possible that its picking up either no information entered or incorrect information regarding age related requirements.

You may want to check Pinterest Merchant Guidelines

Please review the guidelines and see if perhaps there is something re the process or qualifying that perhaps you missed during your initial application.

I hope this helps you - Lisa

1 Kudo
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

hi there, i have also got the same email, can you please let me know how you solved the issue. Your timely response will be highly appreciated!

Much Love!

Team miggon

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@miggondotcom 

I just saw your post and sorry your having difficulty.

I am linking here to a response I did yesterday that I think you will find helpful Notice of Merchant Guidelines violation 

I highlighted some of the issues that I think you may also be facing with your website especially the use of a gmail email - I had a look at it this morning and there are a couple of things that you will need to change in order to meet the VMP Guidelines requirements insofar as your website is concerned.

With respect to the Age of the Domain - Pinterest has recently updated the VMP Guidelines to include an Age Requirement for the Business | Pinterest Account and I will safely assume that the Business part includes the domain or .com. While this hasn't been updated on the Pinterest Help Page for VMP I have confirmed with a Manager here in the community that these new requirements do in fact exist.

There will be a full update announcement coming in early November and if you like I can add the update to this thread for your review.

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Lisa

1 Kudo
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

Thank you for your response. What do you mean by gmail email ?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@miggondotcom 

No problem - do you have a gmail address?

Lisa

1 Kudo
miggondotcom
Posts regularly

here is my email:   miggondotcom@gmail.com

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi

Consider changing your email to a .com vs. a gmail to my knowledge Pinterest preferes a .com address over gmail.

I saw your other post - and for what its worth I didn't think you site looked like a supermarket but I do think you could improve have a read over the article that I linked to if your serious about becoming Verified. The information that was offered to you was not constructive at all and while I appreciate you want an answer or a quick solution but you may want to have a sit down with the Guidelines and determine how to meet the requirements.

Merchant account violation 

Lisa

I wish you the best of luck and I'm glad you made it to the PBC

2 Kudos