Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements Error

decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

I have been getting this error for a long time. File a ticket many times with Pinterest support but did not get a solution. Kindly help me to figure out the problems on my website.

https://roomdecoraesthetic.com/

https://catchsomerays.com/

@bodymindmood please give me the solution ma'am 

Thanks in advance 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

Hi:

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants, read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I read your post and I saw that you removed Affiliate Marketing from your navigation 👍

I went back to your site roomdecoraesthetic.com and there are a few things that stand out with respect to your policies.

• Shipping | Refund Policies are really 'loose' you provide one physical address and an email with no telephone or other contact information.

In my experience with Pinterest, they want to know that if a customer purchases an item from your store that person has a way of reaching you or your support team should a problem arise. Based on what I have read it's all very unclear - Yes, you can return but oh by the way you can't, or maybe not. Your policies have to be clear and precise for both Pinterest and your customers. Rule of Thumb if Pinterest can't understand your policies then more than likely neither can your customers. Whoever runs your Pinterest Account should be the person who deals with Shipping, Refunds, and any other inquiries. 

• Merchants are also responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, complaints, problems and disputes. 

I went to your site catchsomerays.com - similar to your other site the policies are really 'loose' and unclear. Further, I found this sentence below included in your Refund Policy and I am unclear why you would suggest that to your customers.

"Please understand us, all of our shirts are high quality handmade, and have no shirt in store. So if you return the shirt, it would be useless, and can never be sold again."

I noticed as with your other site that there is no way for someone to contact you should a problem arise during and after a purchase, there is no physical address or telephone number only an email address that you ask your customer to copy and paste into an email form. To my point, you could be in Tim Buk Two and no one would know. Good business practice is always transparency including when dealing with a platform such as Pinterest. You should always give your customers an opportunity to make an informed decision about what they are purchasing and who they are purchasing from.

These are my observations and my suggestion would be to really read and review your website policies against the Verified Merchant Guidelines as were linked by @PinterestFernanda and linked above in this reply.

I hope that you will be able to resolve this issue and get your merchant status back, I realize it can be frustrating but remember these reviews et al. are done in my opinion with the best intentions.

Lisa

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
PinterestFernanda

Hi @decoraestheticroom

To keep shopping on Pinterest inspirational and actionable, we require merchants on Pinterest to meet our Merchant Guidelines. If you have any questions about the guidelines, please review them here, or in the initial email you may have received with more details. 

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience with us. 

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

Hi:

Please note that I do not work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise any favorable results regarding the Verified Merchant Program - decisions that are made regarding your VMP Status are at the discretion of Pinterest. I always encourage all Merchants to review the Merchant Guidelines before filing an appeal. I also suggest to Merchants, read the Guidelines within the Merchant Guidelines regarding product, brand, advertising, service et al. as each of the guidelines have additional requirements.

I read your post and I saw that you removed Affiliate Marketing from your navigation 👍

I went back to your site roomdecoraesthetic.com and there are a few things that stand out with respect to your policies.

• Shipping | Refund Policies are really 'loose' you provide one physical address and an email with no telephone or other contact information.

In my experience with Pinterest, they want to know that if a customer purchases an item from your store that person has a way of reaching you or your support team should a problem arise. Based on what I have read it's all very unclear - Yes, you can return but oh by the way you can't, or maybe not. Your policies have to be clear and precise for both Pinterest and your customers. Rule of Thumb if Pinterest can't understand your policies then more than likely neither can your customers. Whoever runs your Pinterest Account should be the person who deals with Shipping, Refunds, and any other inquiries. 

• Merchants are also responsible for handling and responding to all purchases, deliveries, customer service questions, complaints, problems and disputes. 

I went to your site catchsomerays.com - similar to your other site the policies are really 'loose' and unclear. Further, I found this sentence below included in your Refund Policy and I am unclear why you would suggest that to your customers.

"Please understand us, all of our shirts are high quality handmade, and have no shirt in store. So if you return the shirt, it would be useless, and can never be sold again."

I noticed as with your other site that there is no way for someone to contact you should a problem arise during and after a purchase, there is no physical address or telephone number only an email address that you ask your customer to copy and paste into an email form. To my point, you could be in Tim Buk Two and no one would know. Good business practice is always transparency including when dealing with a platform such as Pinterest. You should always give your customers an opportunity to make an informed decision about what they are purchasing and who they are purchasing from.

These are my observations and my suggestion would be to really read and review your website policies against the Verified Merchant Guidelines as were linked by @PinterestFernanda and linked above in this reply.

I hope that you will be able to resolve this issue and get your merchant status back, I realize it can be frustrating but remember these reviews et al. are done in my opinion with the best intentions.

Lisa

2 Kudos
decoraestheticroom
Just visiting

The fact is that I have read your rules many times and I literally created the site based on these rules. I also had the status of a verified merchant for more than six months. But the problem is not that I don't know your rules, but that they don't tell me exactly what I should fix and what the problem is. I think your tech support should be more considerate towards users rather than responding with automated responses like the one you gave me again here.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@decoraestheticroom 

I wish I were automated but I am not.

I am suggesting some of the issues you may be facing and potentially why your status was removed.

Bottom line is - the decision to obtain your status rests entirely with Pinterest.

I wish you the best of luck.

Lisa

1 Kudo
cicispace2
Just visiting

I facing the issue that "Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements" I read Pinterest policies and try to connect Pinterest support many times but they send me the same mail again and again can you please check my website and tell me what is the real issue.

Website URL: https://www.vivimarks.com/

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@cicispace2 

Hi 👋🏻 Glad you made it to the PBC!

I will take a look at your site and write back.

I know it can be frustrating and I’m sorry your having this problem.

Lisa

0 Kudos