Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements

aurousfinejewelry
Just visiting

Hello there,

A few days ago. I got an email from Pinterest they mention your website is not meet the minimum quality requirement so currently, you are not approved for the merchant verification program. I have checked their verify merchant guidelines and I have done the necessary changes and appealed for review their response is the same website is not meet the minimum quality requirements.

I have raised a ticket many times but no one is reposting it. I would like to know what guidelines I am not following. My website: is www.aurousfinejewelry.com.

I am looking to get a quick response from Pinterest community members.

Thanks

1 Kudo
19 Replies
aurousfinejewelry
Just visiting

Hello @bodymindmood 

Thanks for your reply

I did above changes and then reapply for VMP but I got the same reply *website is not meet the minimum quality requirement* so I think this is not an issue, there is something else but no one give proper answer.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@aurousfinejewelry 

Hi

I have had a look at your site compared to the Merchant Guidelines.

As you know, we have looked at several possibilities for your status being removed, I generally go down the list of potential issues, because it can be difficult to determine what it is that is creating the issues.

Below is a copied + pasted portion of the Merchant Guidelines for your review I have highlighted the section I believe is relevant - I noticed on your site when I arrive on the landing page that there are popups regarding Current Purchases and Customer Service, while I am not 100% certain it's; possible that these are creating the issue and my suggestion would be to remove them, wait for 24hrs and see if when Pinterest syncs the issue is resolved. Please don't use up your appeals.

Merchant requirements

• Merchants must meet the following criteria:

• Merchants must not be resale or consignment marketplaces.
    • Merchants must not be affiliate marketers.
    • The merchant must have an easy to find and clear shipping policy that displays expected shipping time.
    • The merchant must have an easy-to-find and clear return policy, that displays whether the merchant accepts returns, the process and time expectations for returns, and contact information.
    • The merchant must have a dedicated “about us” page detailing their business offering or relevant social media links.
    • Merchants must have a high-quality website and product pages. We don’t allow websites that:
      • Have poor editorial content, including:
        • Improper grammar, excessive or glaring spelling or typos
        • Fuzzy or grainy images
        • Broken links or incomplete pages
      • Have unoriginal content, including:
        • Unoriginal content within the “about us” section or product descriptions
        • Stock images
      • Have domain age less than 9 months
      • Force users to visit another page that is not original to the brand
      • Force users to register to view the products
      • Are unsafe or deceptive
      • Have multiple ads or pop-ups 
      • Have pop-ups you cannot close
      • Have out-of-date content or out-of-stock products

Often with the Merchant Guidelines, it is a little bit of trial and error. As I mentioned to you I don't work for Pinterest and I never guarantee or promise favorable results when it comes to a merchant's verified status.

Please let me know.

Lisa

0 Kudos
aurousfinejewelry
Just visiting

Anyway, let's check this as well, maybe it's work.
I will let you know in 48 hours if is there any change in my merchant status

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@aurousfinejewelry 

Hi

Great let me know.

Sometimes, its a matter of going down the list to see what exactly the issue is - when Pinterest says something like the merchant website does not meet minimum quality requirements you have to look at the entire list not just one thing on the list.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lisa.

0 Kudos
aurousfinejewelry
Just visiting

Hey @bodymindmood 

This sales popups is not an issue. I have removed it from last 3 days but nothing will change so I think there is some other issue. Should I raised my ticket to customer support for manual verification?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@aurousfinejewelry 

Hi, I just saw your post.

When I went to your site you have a moving bar which is highlighting information (scroll) at the top I would consider removing that + the Customer Support Chat Window is still opening up, you may want to move that to one of your policy pages instead of leaving it on the main page or move it and not have it open up until someone clicks on it.

In my experience so far, Pinterest does not like anything moving, popping open, scrolling, or flashing, as I mentioned before its difficult to know exactly what the issue is as they don't specify ultimately its up to you to go through the list of Merchant Guidelines and ensure your meeting all of them.

Please let me know.

Lisa

0 Kudos
hongiveydotcom
Just visiting

Hi, It looks like you have solved the problem.

I have the same problem, can you give me some advice?

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hongiveydotcom 

Welcome to the PBC!

Can I ask what your experiencing?

0 Kudos
hongiveydotcom
Just visiting

Sure,  my account is already a vmp account.

But a week ago I received an email from Pinterest:asking me to resolve the issue within the next 30 days or the vmp will be cancelled. 

They pointed out in the email that the problem with my website is:

• Merchant does not meet minimum website quality requirements

To be honest I don't know what the specific problem is and how I can solve it.

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@hongiveydotcom 

I would just make sure to look at both the Merchant | Advertising Guidelines - check out some of the things that they don't allow specific to your website and try to troubleshoot it that way.

Focus on look, feel, editorial, images, policies and anything else related to your website.

0 Kudos