Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Catalog Rejection

alsquaredcostumes

I've been trying to figure this out for a while.  I have an Etsy shop where I make and sell costumes.  I tried to upload the catalog to Pinterest.  It was rejected and I got the remarkably unhelpful response: "-Merchant is an affiliate marketplace or marketer" which is untrue.  I am not an affiliate marketer. 

I appealed, explaining that the decision was made in error and they simply repeated the line with no further explanation.  I tried Google but haven't found any solutions, or even many other people getting this message.

I contacted Pinterest support about the issue and they simply again repeated the line about affiliate marketing.  The person absolutely refused to provide any help or explanation, and simply proclaimed the issue resolved: "Unfortunately, we can't provide any more information about your merchant catalog violation.  This ticket will now be marked as complete."

I contacted support again about the issue, since I can't figure out what else to do.  I've read the Merchant Guidelines through and they are just as vague and unhelpful .  As far as I can tell, I'm in compliance with everything but I'm still getting this meaningless line about affiliate marketing.  I don't know what the problem is or how to fix it.  

This decision seems completely arbitrary and Pinterest refuses to explain it.

0 Kudos
0 Replies