Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Can an Etsy shop be used to become a Verified Merchant?

professionalprintables
Just visiting

Hey there! I'm wondering if an Etsy shop can be used as my website to claim & then become a Verified Merchant.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @professionalprintables 

It's impossible for your Etsy shop to become a VM. Only those that own their own website (outside Etsy) can only be qualified. 

Please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if you found this helfpul. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
4 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @professionalprintables 

It's impossible for your Etsy shop to become a VM. Only those that own their own website (outside Etsy) can only be qualified. 

Please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if you found this helfpul. 

Thanks

2 Kudos
professionalprintables
Just visiting

Ok, I figured but I wanted to make sure lol Thank you!

1 Kudo
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

No problem @professionalprintables  Happy to help. Thanks

0 Kudos

It is possible

To link your Etsy shop to your Pinterest account, you can follow these steps:

Sign in to your Pinterest account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.

Once you're logged in, click on your profile picture in the top-right corner of the screen and select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.

In the Settings menu, scroll down to the "Claim" section and click on the "Claim" button next to the "Your Etsy shop" option.

Pinterest will provide you with a unique code or a file that you need to add to your Etsy shop. You have two options to complete the linking process:

a. Option 1: Add the unique code manually

Leave the Pinterest page open and open a new tab or window.
In the new tab or window, go to your Etsy shop's dashboard and click on "Settings" on the top-right corner of the page.
From the dropdown menu, select "Options."
On the left side of the Options page, click on "Web addresses."
Scroll down to the "Pinterest" section and paste the unique code provided by Pinterest into the box labeled "Pinterest verification."
Save your changes.
b. Option 2: Upload the file provided by Pinterest

Download the file provided by Pinterest.
Go to your Etsy shop's dashboard, click on "Settings" on the top-right corner of the page, and select "Options" from the dropdown menu.
On the left side of the Options page, click on "Web addresses."
Scroll down to the "Pinterest" section and click on "Choose file" or a similar button to upload the file.
Save your changes.
After adding the code or uploading the file, return to your Pinterest tab or window and click the "Finish" button to complete the verification process.

Once you've completed these steps, your Etsy shop will be linked to your Pinterest account, and you'll be able to utilize Pinterest's features for merchants, such as tagging products in Pins and creating shoppable posts.

0 Kudos