cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verified Merchant Program FAQ

50% helpful (1/2)

Verified Merchant Program FAQ

Hello! The purpose of this article is to provide answers to frequently asked questions regarding the Verified Merchant Program. This information has been provided by @PinterestBrad on the VMP team at Pinterest.

What are the benefits of becoming a Verified Merchant?

As a verified merchant, you’ll:

• Be eligible for your products to show up in shopping experiences
  • Stand out with a badge on your Pinterest profile and product Pins
  • Receive access to Conversion Insights, a new analytics tool

I’ve successfully been onboarded to the Verified Merchant Program but don’t see the Shop tab.

You’ll want to make sure that you’ve created and selected a product group to feature to get your products showing to Pinners on your Shop Tab.

You can create/edit/feature products groups by navigating to Ads > Catalogs > Products Clicking the star allows you to feature up to 8 product groups on the Shop Tab.

Why do I have to set up the required events within the Pinterest Conversion tag to become a Verified Merchant?

The primary reason is to know how often specific products from your Catalog are being viewed, placed in the cart, and purchased. This can help inform the business on:

• How to utilize your advertising budget
  • Which products to feature on the Shop Tab
  • Dynamic retargeting settings for your future campaigns

Including product_id within the events (PageVisits, AddToCart, and Checkout) will allow you to utilize the Conversion Insight tool to make informed decisions.

My business is located outside of the United States, can I apply to the Verified Merchant Program?

As of Q3 2020, the VMP Program is only open to businesses located in the US. We have plans to expand to businesses in other countries in the future and will be sure to keep businesses informed when we have expansion updates to share.

In the meantime, you can take advantage of the following features available in international markets:

• Implement the Pinterest Tag on your site to take advantage of advanced reporting
  • Upload a Catalog to serve paid/organic Product Pins to Pinners

We hope these answers were helpful. Please rate the article if it helped you!

Labels (1)
Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
‎08-25-2020 11:31 AM
Updated by:

Contributors