cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Say goodbye to Story Pins and 👋 to Idea Pins

100% helpful (7/7)

Say goodbye to Story Pins and 👋 to Idea Pins

PinterestSupport_0-1621353878712.png

Drumroll, please… we’re excited to announce that Idea Pins are now available to all creators! This new format is made for native creation -- you can publish content and grow your engaged audience right on Pinterest. 

Formerly known as Story Pins, this multi-page format has even more eye-catching features like video editing, music and stickers to bring your ideas to life. In addition to all these great new publishing tools, we’re also announcing new ways for you to grow your community through following streams. People on Pinterest will now be able to see your Idea Pins right at the top of their home feed from the creators they follow. Be sure to read all about the exciting new announcement and what else we’re rolling out in our Newsroom.

Please rate the article if it helped you, or leave a comment below if it was helpful or if you need more information around a recent change or update. 🌟

Why are they called Idea Pins and not Story Pins? 

Idea Pins get at what makes Pinterest special, ideas and inspiration. Idea Pins enables us to fully own the ambition to inspire. Unlike other platforms that use Stories, Idea Pins do not disappear after 24 hours, and this name change helps to make that more clear.

What are the new features to Idea Pins? 

You now have access to an exciting suite of publishing tools for Idea Pins including...

• Video recording and editing 📄
  • Voice over recording so you can add your  own personal voice 🎙
  • Music selection 🎹
  • Ghost mode transition tools 👻
  • Detail pages for instructions or ingredients 📝
  • Interactive elements like people tagging and stickers 🎫
  • Multi-draft save so you can create and publish more ideas 💡
  • Export options to share content beyond Pinterest  
  • Topic tagging, a feature that helps connect content to relevant interests 🏷

When will Idea Pins be available in other markets? 

Right now, Idea Pins are available in the following markets: 

US, Canada (CA), Australia (AU), United Kingdom (UK), Germany (DE), Switzerland (CH), Austria (AT), France (FR), Ireland (IE), New Zealand (NZ), Sweden (SE), Spain (ES), Italy (IT), Brazil (BR), Argentina (AR), Mexico (MX), Chile (CL), Colombia (CO), Peru (PE), Japan (JP), India (IN), Indonesia (ID).

Stay tuned as we release Idea Pins to other markets around the world later this year! 🌏

Are there any best practices to creating Idea Pins? 

Yes! Here’s an example of a great Idea Pin and why it’s a best-in-class example. 

• Stunning imagery 
  •  Engaging text -- invites other Pinners to partake and participate 
  •  Informative -- not only provides visuals of the location, but also shares reasons others would want to visit/things to do while you're there 
  •  

You can check out our creative best practices in this article. You can also check out what’s latest for creators on our Instagram and business site.

Labels (3)
Comments
fabfood4all

Made my first Idea video after getting the e-mail and it just won't publish. Is there a problem at Pinterest's end?

PinterestGabby

Responded to your other post@fabfood4all!

deals_3bd

You guys really have no intention of listening to and working with the creators that built you, OBVIOUSLY!  You did NOTHING but name it something else...

Idea pins?? rotfl - isn't the ENTIRE premise behind Pinterest that we can PIN INTERESTING IDEAS to a bulletin board so that when we are ready to CREATE the IDEAS we can click on said ideas and find out HOW to actually do them??

sammyapproves

@PinterestGabby 

It is really interesting to me how much Pinterest doesn’t listen. It’s also hurtful to get the same canned response over and over again or just silence.

Creators and users both hate idea pins. It’s really that simple.

We, as creators are not going to give 100% of our content that took hours to make in the first place away for free. Or even with the hope that it “might” give us a little more engagement on our accounts.

Our followers are frustrated because they want to click to our sites and can’t. You aren’t listening to them either.

In the blogging community idea pins are a huge joke. No one is on board. People want to abandon Pinterest all together and find a better ROI for the time spent promoting content.

Please listen and add a link so that we can be rewarded for the work we are doing for your platform.

While you’re at it, make it easier for users to find a link on video pins too.

If you don’t care or don’t want us pinning just be honest and let us know. A little transparency would be refreshing.

jennimetz

Could someone please explain the change in impressions on the story/idea pins? I had some at 25k and now they are way below that. Is it not possible to see the lifetime impressions? Where the impressions wrong this whole time? I am completely confused and slightly frustrated. 

Gameleon_ch

Hi there,

I have noticed that we can view idea pins only on smartphones. They don't seem to work on tablets and computers. I know that most people use their phone when they're on Pinterest but it's too bad we can't view idea pins on other media. Personally, I love using my iPad when I'm on Pinterest, it enhances the visual experience!

jasminecsalley
I'm a long-time Pinterest user, and I had a couple of questions regarding Pinterest pins. 

First , I'm wondering if Pinterest has any plans to give creators the ability to add links to Idea Pins. 

I'd love to use them, but if they don't get people to my website, there's no incentive for me to use them. 

Also, it's frustrating to me that Pinterest has made it so that users must click the triple-dot on video pins in the mobile app to visit the link associated with the pin. 

I've literally had people comment on my video pins asking me how to visit links associated with my pin. 

Does Pinterest have any plans to make visiting the website associated with a video pin as easy as it is on an image pin? 

It seems like Pinterest's newer features are focusing on keeping users on the platform instead of sending users to creators' websites. 

This is really concerning to me! 

For a long time, Pinterest was different than other social media platforms in that it was a search engine providing recurring traffic to creators' websites. 

And that's why I loved Pinterest! 

Now, it feels like it's trying to become more like Instagram or other social platforms that force creators to play by their rules while the platform collects all the monetary benefits because it's not sending users to creators' websites. 

I'm hoping @PinterestSupport can assure me this isn't the case! 

Thanks!
Jasmine 
ArtsyCraftery

Well, it seems like there has been no real solution. I went to read the Product Updates posts and they all seemed to be about Story Pins. Now I see a new post that says Story Pins are out and Idea Pins are in but there's no substantial change. I'm exhausted with Pinterest.

This is sad what @sammyapproves said:

It is really interesting to me how much Pinterest doesn’t listen. It’s also hurtful to get the same canned response over and over again or just silence.
Creators and users both hate idea pins. It’s really that simple.

We, as creators are not going to give 100% of our content that took hours to make in the first place away for free. Or even with the hope that it “might” give us a little more engagement on our accounts.

Our followers are frustrated because they want to click to our sites and can’t. You aren’t listening to them either.

ArtsyCraftery

I clicked on the link in the OPs msg above our Newsroom 

and was reading and couldn't believe it when I read this:

We’ve heard from our more than 475 million Pinners that they want to engage with video and explore content directly on Pinterest.

We have not been saying that. We have been saying the opposite and we don't mind increasing some time at P if to do so will fit into our constricted time frames. There was a time when it did.

DivasDenFashion

This is a great feature, I love it. Especially since we can tag our products in the pins.

Version history
Last update:
‎09-27-2021 02:18 PM
Updated by: