Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Product Release Roundup for Creators [May 2022]

Product Release Roundup for Creators [May 2022]

PinterestJoan_3-1652719786335.png

Hi creators, we’re back with the latest installment of the release note roundup for creators.

If you missed our last roundup, you can catch up on what we share here. As a reminder for those who are new here, we share an article in our Creator Articles page covering recent updates, known issues and more that affects creators. The Creator Articles page is your space to stay informed and up-to-date with everything related to Pinterest business and creator tools and products.

Please be sure to rate this article if it was helpful, or leave a comment below to share feedback if you need more information about a change or update. 🌟

NEW Pin Features!

You asked for more editing features, and we listened! We’re excited to share our new Pin editing and customization features. These updates include expanded camera/video features and expressive features! 

Expanded camera and expressive features 

We’ve now expanded our creation and editing tools for Pins! These new features give Creators the ability to publish more engaging and expressive Pins. Check out this Help Center article to learn more. 

Additions to our design tools and camera used for Idea Pin creation, include 

• countdown timer
  • set recording duration
  • hand drawing tool
  • hex code picker/recent color (iOS only)
  • images as backgrounds and more! (iOS only)

Stickers

We recently updated our sticker library where Creators now have access to an expanded suite of illustrative and decorative stickers. These new stickers have a ton of color customization and animation options to help make your Pins more personalized and unique! We’ve also made improvements to make the sticker selection and search function more seamless for users. Creators can now also upload a personal image such as a logo or a photo as a sticker on their Pin on iOS. Check out this Help Center article for more information.

PinterestJoan_0-1652719284190.png

Pin Creation with Expressive Features

We’ve expanded Pin creation with expressive features to all remaining markets! Russia, Turkey, Philippines, Thailand, Ukraine, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong will now have access to make Pins. This feature is now available on iOS, Android, Web.

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

Comments
michaelbliss

@PinterestJoan  Wow! I love the new features!

terezatoledo

Love seeing new features @PinterestJoan 

hesstuck

These features will definitely do some wonders for all the creatives in here!

goodenergygirl

Thank you! 

isabeltalensm

Absolutely loving the stickers and their customisation! Perfectly designed to drive action, inspiration and engagement. Fantastic trendy designs too! So, so cool!

Counting the days to see a speech caption feature appearing. That will be such a time saver plus will support the consumption of content without sound. 

tresenviaje

The new features are great, but please, please, improve the tags, because it has no sense that we can’t use the tags that actually are going to work for us. Also tags in different languages. Please, that’s almost the only thing that the app needs now. Oh, also to make it functional in the IPad. Thanks! 

thehalcyonhive

@PinterestJoan 

Thanks for sharing the new Idea Pin features!  Question - do you know if they are working on making advancements on the analytics of idea pins?  It would be great to see what page people bounce on or what tags they've clicked. 

Thanks!

PinterestJoan

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions, @isabeltalensm @tresenviaje! We're always looking for ways to improve our product experience so we appreciate your input. We'll be sure to share this internally with our team!

PinterestJoan

Hi @thehalcyonhive! Thanks for your suggestion, I agree and I think that this would be helpful for Creators. I'll make a note to share with our product team 🙂.

emrycrouch

This is so exciting!

BestFunGifts

Having a blast experimenting with the latest features!

I find the following very helpful when it comes to personal branding: 

• hex code picker/recent color
  • images as backgrounds
  • logos as stickers

Thanks! @BestFunGifts 

TheSereneCorner

I love the inspiration feature!! I did not realize how useful it would be until recently clicking and exploring it.