Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: PBC Spotlight: Amanda Perna

nutritiontwin
Just visiting
2 0 1983

PinterestGabby_0-1634749200531.jpeg

TheAmandaPerna, Creator

Businesses:

• Amana Perna studio: where Amanda creates content and collaborates with other companies and businesses to create custom in-store experiences for their clients.
  • A Little Wyld: an online and brick and mortar shop for kids and women with an emphasis on women-owned, small and ethically-made businesses.  

Pinterest profile: http://www.pinterest.com/THEAMANDAPERNA

Community profile: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4949

*Disclaimer: We recently announced an update to our content creation tooling on Pinterest that combines and simplifies our organic Pin formats. Due to these recent product updates, some articles posted prior to May 2023 may be out of date.

TheAmandaPerna has partnered with Pinterest in previous activations and campaigns, however she did not receive compensation in exchange for this success story.   

Hi Amanda! Tell us a little bit about your business and how you discovered Pinterest! 

I am a fashion designer, Project Runway Alum, author, content creator and mom! You can find me on the PBC as @theamandaperna.

I have always loved creating and making things since I was a little kid. I found so much joy in creating things for loved ones, and eventually realized that I could do it professionally. I worked for a few big names in fashion before starting my own brand, The House of Perna. My mission is multi-faceted, but simple. I want to spread as much joy [and bright colors!] as humanly possible. After being on Project Runway, I realized that I had a voice, and there are other color-loving people like me in the world and I wanted to connect with as many of those people as humanly possible. 

I discovered Pinterest so long ago that I’m not even kidding when I say I can’t remember life without it. Pinterest has been my go-to place to have visual images of what I see in my head and want to communicate, whether it’s to my team for a type of feeling for a collection, or to my husband when planning Sunday dinner with our family. 

Prior to Pinterest, I used to tear everything inspiring out of magazines and keep it in folders. It was so refreshing to find Pinterest because I can keep all of my inspiration, and create content to inspire others all in the same place. I also love that it’s digital so it doesn't clutter my office anymore!

What are your goals as a Pinterest creator? What inspires you to create content? 

As a Pinterest creator, I just want to have fun and share things that I find exciting, inspiring or interesting with others. I’m inspired by so many different things every day and hope to be able to share some of that with people all across the world.

How have you been using Idea Pins to grow your audience? Can you share any tips for those who are new to Idea Pins? 

Idea Pins are so much fun! I have used them in a variety of ways. One of my favorites is to show step-by-step instructions on how to make something. I’ve also used them to show different ways to style one item. Creating Idea Pins has helped me get to see what my audience really is interested in, and also helps me to connect and engage with them.

The best tip that I have is to always be authentic. By sharing ideas and products that you love in a creative way with Idea Pins, it helps new people find you and connect in other ways on Pinterest as well as any other platform that you are on.

📌: The other tip I have is to always have fun! It shows when creators love what they do and are passionate about it and ultimately helps grow your audience.

What other tools have you used to grow your audience on Pinterest? What’s been your favorite? 

I think the stickers are so much fun! I also love the Today tab. It helps creators see what is trending and what people are interested in learning about. 

What content have you created on Pinterest recently that you’re most excited about and why? 

I have been creating a ton of fun new Idea Pins that I can’t wait to share for the holidays! A few Pins that people have been responding to well are... 

Behind the scenes at New York Fashion Week

How to build a capsule wardrobe

How to attach an orchid to a tree 

Why did you join the PBC? What have you found that’s been valuable about being a member? 

I joined to be able to connect with other creators as well as the amazing team at Pinterest. I want to learn how to create the best content that I can so that I can help others learn and grow as well!

What’s your #1 tip for creators on Pinterest? 

Be authentic and create content you are excited about. When you create content that is unique to you and your brand it helps people know what to expect when they come to any of your platforms. You need to create content for YOUR audience and make it specific and applicable for them. You won’t be for everyone, and that is ok! 

For more tips from Amanda, check out her Idea Pin!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for sharing your Pinterest journey with us, Amanda!!

**If you're interested in being featured on the PBC in our next spotlight, please fill out this form.**

11 Comments
PinterestJazmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Wow such a great story and love the Idea Pin 📌Thanks for sharing your tips with us and being part of the PBC @theamandaperna

causewayspalette
Just visiting

Great advice! Super helpful for those just starting this creator's journey! 

michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you for sharing your ideas @theamandaperna!

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

yessssss @theamandaperna is the best! ❤️ 

nutritiontwin
Just visiting

Such helpful advice, thank you! And I see you're in FL, I'm heading down to South Beach this weekend! 🙂 xoxo

keepingthepeas
Just visiting

Thanks for sharing your tips!

PefroBnali
Just visiting

How to get your account verified on Pinterest

beautyholo
Just visiting

Thanks for sharing yours ideas!

pethub94
Just visiting

Thanks for sharing your ideas . @pethub94 

chicihinsta
Just visiting

What a fantastic story, and I adore the Idea Pin! Thank you for sharing your tips with us and for being a part of the PBC0 community.....

tritattoos

absolutly stunning can you have a look at my blog that is based on tattoos