Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Re: Get to know Josiah, marketing at Real Wood Floors

jem3153
2 0 1926

Image courtesy JosiahImage courtesy Josiah

Business: Marketing at Real Wood Floors 

Tell us about yourself! 

My name is Josiah Tombley, also known as @RealWoodFloorsWP in the community! I work for a company called Real Wood Floors. I have been working here for 2 ½ years. I am the social media manager of all our different accounts as well as a CRM manager. I create most of our video and photo content with a background in photography.  

Care to share a bit about your business? 

I work for a wood flooring company we manufacture and distribute hardwood flooring all over the country. As well as a few other brands under our company. We are always trying to be at the front of design trends and improve our company. But the heart of our company is our mission. We have a goal “till every child is home” there is a growing problem of children that are being orphaned. We help through adoption (a few of those being coworkers in the company), funding and help build structures in countries that have an overwhelming problem of orphans. To learn more please visit our mission page

You can find my Pinterest page here

How long have you been using Pinterest and what made you start using the platform for advertising? 

We have been active on Pinterest for about 2 ½ years. Trying to connect closer with homeowners rather than selling to retailers. We would like to sell directly to our customers and advertising on Pinterest has opened a door for us to do that with the simple format that customers can access our products.

Why did you join the Business Community?

Since we have been using Pinterest we notice it could be one of our greatest ways to connect with customers. So when I saw the Business Community platform open I was excited to learn more and improve my account to reach a great audience. My goal was to learn from those who are having success as well as from the pros from Pinterest.

What’s your favorite thing so far about the Business Community and what would you suggest to make it better? 

The easy way to interact with other people that are trying to learn and grow their account. I think that has been the most beneficial part of it. Something I think would improve that is adding a feature where you could see what department that person specializes in maybe through an icon or a title of some kind.

What do you like doing in your free time? 

I am a videographer so I enjoy creating short films and videos. As well as try little business ideas from a local business to an online only business. 

What’s your favorite board on Pinterest? 

Hard to say. But we have one that is called “House plants”. It's one of my favourites to add too. 

Do you have a fun fact? 

13 frames per second is the minimum speed that the human brain needs in order to process consecutive images as movement. Anything less than that, the human brain will process each frame as a separate picture. 16 is pretty close to 13, which is why old movies look so choppy and unnatural.

Anything else you’d like to add?

It has been a joy to interact with the Pinterest team. They have been a great help and very responsive.

3 Comments
jem3153

hai musta kana ?

lamar_cynthia
Just visiting

Hello Josiah,

Nice to meet you.  Sounds like you have a lot going on, photography, social media, etc...

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Cindy

jobones7
Just visiting

Wow! You had me at hardwood floors because I love them (and my husband is allergic to dust mites, so we have either had hardwood or vinyl wood in our living spaces). BUT what really got me was your company's mission. You intrigued me, and so I went to their website and was very impressed with what they have done. How wonderful not just to make money, but to use your business itself to make a difference for good in the lives of others.

So, if the pictures are faster than 13 per second I'm taking it the brain cannot process it that fast and thus it appears choppy? Interesting fact even if I don't understand it.