Search
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's just not the same without you
Join the Pinterest Business Community to find out what other users are discussing and creating.

Tips & Tricks for getting started on Pinterest & PBC 📌

100% helpful (1/1)

Tips & Tricks for getting started on Pinterest & PBC 📌

Okay, so I'm no Pinterest Master (Yet). Still, I have learned a thing or two about using Pinterest more specifically how to make some things on the PBC and Pinterest a little easier when you're new or maybe looking to jazz up your profile, or maybe you want to talk shop and participate in some great Pinterest Conversation.

Here are some Easy & Very Cool Tips & Tricks to get you started on Pinterest & the PBC.

Are you ready? Let's Go

Share Your Profile On The PBC:

A lot of people come to the PBC to learn and need help with something they are doing on Pinterest. In the spirit of helping fellow Pinner's I go and look at their profile and often cannot get to their Pinterest Business Profile Page because they don't have a Profile Link set up. Remember this isn't just for me or other Pinterest Pioneers but for anyone who is visiting the PBC and wants to know more about you. Setting up your profile page and business profile link on the PBC is definitely the first thing you want to do. If you are not sure how to do it check out this post for more on how to set up and optimize your PBC Profile. How To Optimize Your PBC Profile To Create Lasting Engagement

Add Someone As A Friend On The PBC:

In a space like the PBC we often get down to the nitty-gritty of how-to's, what do you think's, and more. Through these contributions, posts, conversation starters, and questions from Pinner's everywhere, we make friends or we like what someone has to say. Not unlike the Pinterest App | Platform you can Friend people here on the PBC + is a great way to share in addition to making people feel welcome on the PBC.

To Add Someone As A Friend On The PBC:

Login to the PBC
Go to a Pinner's Profile Page (someone you want to friend) then click on Friend on the right-hand side of their Profile Page, yes it's that easy!

Include Someone In A Chat Or Post:

I completely get this, you have come into the PBC and you have clicked on a topic, you love what you are reading then you remember that you have a friend either business or personal who is also on the PBC, who could really contribute to this post or conversation. This is a pretty common situation in the PBC and the best way to keep the conversation going is to add someone to a post or conversation.

To Include Someone In A Post Or Conversation:

Login into the PBC
Go to the post your following or choose a new post
In your response or reply to a particular topic, add the @ symbol + the Pinner's PBC Handle
Choose the Pinner you want to add from the drop-down list ….. make sure you add the right person
Once you have finished writing a response simply click the reply button
Your reply will be posted and the person that you added to the conversation will be notified that they were mentioned in a topic giving them an opportunity to participate in the conversation.

How To Kudo 

I was recently asked by a new member how to "Get Kudos". If you are on the PBC and found a post you like and want to respond click the "thumb up" button just underneath the post, yes it is that simple. Once you respond to the post often you will find that fellow PBC members will Kudo your response to their post if they like what you have to say. Make this a regular practice when responding to posts.

How To Claim Your Domain:

One of the most posted topics is Claiming A Website On Pinterest here in the PBC. There have been events, videos, comments, and well just about anything you can think of posted in response to the question How Do I Claim My Website?  Below is my response on How To Claim Your Domain…. Let's Do This

Step 1. 

Head over to your Profile Page on Pinterest (consider using Desktop)

bodymindmood_0-1668691493487.jpeg

Step 2.

Click on Claimed Accounts located on the left-hand side of the page. 
Click on Claim located across from the Websites
Fun Fact Pinterest now allows you to claim more than one website!

bodymindmood_1-1668691493491.jpeg
Claimed Accounts

Step 3. 

Choose how you want to Claim Your Website - Choose the option that is easiest for you
My preferred choice is to Add An HTML Tag 
You will need to understand and know how to access your website pages where you will insert the Pinterest Code - the best place to insert the Pinterest Code is on your Home Page and you only need to insert the code one time, not on every page of your site

Save your webpage (Home Page) and reload the page before telling Pinterest you are ready to be verified

Ensure your website is not set to Private or else Pinterest will not be able to verify your website - you can always set your website back to Private once you have been verified by Pinterest.

bodymindmood_2-1668691493489.jpeg

Options To Claim Your Website

bodymindmood_3-1668691493478.jpeg

Click To Copy The Pinterest Code

Once you have reloaded your webpage head back to Pinterest and click to verify your site - Pinterest should be able to authenticate and verify your site quickly.

The Written Word On The PBC:

When it comes to learning + problem-solving the PBC is definitely the place you want to be in. Blog Posts, conversation starters, and questions there is something for everyone, and when some of us here on the PBC don't have an answer to a particular question you will find that there is no shortage of Pinterest Help Articles, Articles written by community members, Blog Post, and recent posts written by community members to help answer your questions. Consider these go-to articles + links to find solutions to some of the most talked-about questions on the PBC.

Pinterest Help Articles - Blog Posts - Recent Posts - Pinterest Pages I Love

Verified Merchant Program

Please read these articles and check out the links to other articles that contain all the information you need to know on How To Become A Verified Merchant on Pinterest.

Verified Merchant Program Workshop FAQ Recap
New Help Center Merchant Page
How To Get Started As A Product Seller On Pinterest

Creating Idea Pins

Are you Creating Idea Pins? Do you want specific ideas and information on how to create those eye-catching pins? Read these articles written by other Pinterest Pioneers and learn their best practices + tips & tricks to help you start creating today.

Designing Pins Do's and Dont's
10 Tips For Creating Idea Pins For The Creator Rewards Program
Creator Tips + Tricks Tried and True Methods From A Pinterest Pioneer

Creator ToolBox

If you are a creator and want to add to your collection of already great tools read these articles written by Pinterest Pioneers and learn their best tips+tricks to make your content creation easy.

Tips For Preventing Creator Burnout
Audience Insights An Often Overlooked, But Valuable Analytics Tool
4 Things To Remember As A Content Creator
Have You Tried Creating A This Or That Idea Pin

I really hope that some of these Tips & Tricks will help you on your Pinterest | PBC Journey. As Pinterest Pioneers we know that the journey is easier when we do it together.

Happy Pinning📌

Labels (1)
Comments
hellohomegirl

This is an utterly fantastic round up and wonderful tips, @bodymindmood !

Version history
Last update:
‎11-17-2022 03:11 PM
Updated by: