Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What Pinners are searching for this week (w.o 8/17)

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (1)

INSIGHTS_WEEKLY_HEADER-03.png

Happy Friday, community! Sharing out this week's Pinner insights. 📈

People on Pinterest are coming to terms with the end of summer. They’re juggling reality creeping in this fall and the need for one last warm weather escape ("back to work after vacation" +48%). Weekend getaways that allow for social distancing and time outdoors are the priority (“lake camping hacks” +68% and “romantic weekend getaways” +42%). All types of transportation are being considered for these road trips, with searches up for compact vehicles (“bike camping” +65% and “small car camping” +56%) and those with more space (“rv travel trailers” +106%).

Even a short getaway is a reason to up the ante on outfits. And the early 2000’s are serving up inspiration in spades ("tennis skirt aesthetic" +56x and "2000s fashion outfits" +54x). Through it all, teachers and parents are making sure they’re better prepared for virtual learning this time around ("virtual back to school night" +4.5x and "virtual meet the teacher" +7.5x).

Download the full report below! 

6 Kudos
7 Replies
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@PinterestGabby ooh, thank you! This has definitely given me some ideas. 🙂

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@typicallytopical yay, Charlotte!! 

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Thank you Gabby! @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Highlight of my week! ~ Alisa

1 Kudo
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I'm literally "back to work after vacation" today. Feeling this. Thanks, Gabby! @PinterestGabby 
-Tabby

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@PinterestJanice and I with you all right now

giphy-3.gif

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks so much for these insights @PinterestGabby ... very helpful!

1 Kudo